Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EddiRae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 03:53 PM
    US Work Visa for Canadian Wife of US Husband
    My son had a Canadian girlfriend come into the states for a visit. She came by bus so she did not need a Passport. They got married during this time. She is wanting to get citizenship down the road, but is trying to see if she can work first so they can save up enough money for that.

What does she need to do to get a Work Visa? What forms does she need to fill out and have to get this?

Which would be faster, the Work Visa or Naturalization/Citizenship?

Thanks for your help!
    Eddi Rae
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EddiRae View Post
    My son had a Canadian girlfriend come into the states for a visit. She came by bus so she did not need a Passport. They got married during this time. She is wanting to get citizenship down the road, but is trying to see if she can work first so they can save up enough money for that.

What does she need to do to get a Work Visa? What forms does she need to fill out and have to get this?

Which would be faster, the Work Visa or Naturalization/Citizenship?

Thanks for your help!!
    Eddi Rae
    She entered US under visa waiver program which normally is not allowed to change status, unless her attorney files a waiver. This might be costly...

The best choice... She should return to Canada before she falls out of status. Meanwhile her husband should file spouse visa for her. How Do I Bring My Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States?

It takes about 6 months to get the visa...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Husband mad on weekends wife is off from work [ 5 Answers ]

I am a RN for the past 27 years--I work every other weekend. On my weekends off I would like to do things with my spouse--ride bikes, go to museums, great dining , or just look at the lake by us. Since his father passed 2 years ago--he has turned into a verbally abusive person--he wants to just...

TN visa (canadian citizen) toH1B visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am canadian citizen working in animal hosppital in usa as a veterinarian on TN visa. I am applying for H1B visa and I received LCA from my employer.When should I apply I-129 form . I am trying to fill I-129 and on page 1 st Basis for classification there are A b c d e f g Should...

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

View more questions Search