Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1help Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Marriage between an f1 and a b1/b2
    My fiancé lives in Atlanta, I live outside the States, he has an f1 and I have a b1/b2 visa, can we get married here in our hometown or should we need to get married in Atlanta in order to get our papers valid? Is our marriage valid if we marry outside the States?

Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1help View Post
    My fiance lives in Atlanta, I live outside the States, he has an f1 and I have a b1/b2 visa, can we get married here in our hometown or should we need to get married in Atlanta in order to get our papers valid? Is our marriage valid if we marry outside the States?

Thanx
    I would recommend you get married in your home country, after that you apply for F-2 visa at the nearest US consulate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex and marriage [ 9 Answers ]

I am 27 years old. My wife is 26. We have two great children ages 6 and 7 1/2 (yes we started early). In April, we will have been married 7 years. Now, I know people's sex drives drop off quite a bit but at this point I am lucky if we have sex once a month. We used to be very adventurous. Oral is...

Love marriage or arrange marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I have boyfriend but my parents want that I will do marriage with a boy of their choice.I really love my Boyfriend and he also love me. What should I do?

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

I don't know what to do about my marriage [ 5 Answers ]

Well a month ago I wrote on here about how I had a crush on my husband's best friend but that is fading away some. I still like him but I know we can't be together so there is no point. I have decided I need to put some energy into my marriage and tried to talk to my husband about our marriage. He...

My marriage [ 13 Answers ]

I am new to this. Ive never come on line to ask for advice, but I feel I have no where else to go. A brief summary. My husband and I have been married for 4 years now. We dated for another 3 years before we got married. Im 29 and he is 31. All started nice and sweet, I mean sometimes its still...

View more questions Search