Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zzjnzr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Taxes for other income
    One of my relatives, a green-card holder, provides babysitter for my 9-years-old son during this summer break. I have full-time job, while she does not work. I will pay her $2000 in total, and she helps me from 9am to 6pm every day. Do I need to file something related to taxes? For example 1099, or ask her fill up form W-9, or something else. I will report this expense as one of deductible item in 2006 tax return (I mean as Dependent Care expenses). She also likes to report this income and pay tax too, if any. What should we do for taxes? I appreciate any help you provide.

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 28, 2006, 05:45 PM
    If you intend to claim dependent care expenses for your relative, youmust report her income on Schedule H and pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for her. Because the income is so low, she will pay no taxes. You can require she pay half of the 15.3% that is the combined Social Security and Medicare tax rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on SSA Disability Income [ 2 Answers ]

Being 100% disabled for Social Security purposes, with no additional income, am I required to file annually with IRS? Wife did have income from 2002. Should we file jointly, listing my SSA Disability Income, or should she file Married, filing separately? Thank you.

How to file taxes with no income [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... hope someone can help me, I am a full time student.. I live off school grants and veteran disability benefit money. This is the first time I have not received any income for a whole year. And I don't know how to file my taxes without a w2. But I do know that it is nessesary to file my taxes...

Income taxes on inheritance [ 0 Answers ]

For Colorado and Federal Income taxes, do you have to report an inheritance and pay taxes on it?

View more questions Search