Ask
    shweta08_12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Why are prairies called wheat basket of the world
    Why are prairies called wheat basket of the world
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 10:34 AM

We aren't supposed to answer your homework questions for you.

Think about it. The prairies (e.g. the U.S. Midwest) are called the "wheat basket" or "breadbasket" of the world. The prairies are flat and very fertile, with rich black soil. Flat land is good for farming. If the prairies are flat, fertile lands, what crops are grown there? What things are then made with these crops? What do those things that are made have to do with the people in the world? Think about it.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 01:36 PM

Because humans plowed up the prairies, removing all the native grasses and other plants and used the deep, fertile soil to grow huge huge amounts of wheat (and corn and soybeans). And the word is "breadbasket." (Bread is made of wheat.)
    dram1962 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Prairies are also called wheat basket of the world because the farmers of that region produce enough wheat for the whole
    Country and also for export
    thedude260 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Another name for 'Wheat Basket' is Breadbasket'. The farmers from the state harvest enough wheat to give to their country and to export in different parts for the world.
    Hope ot Helped!
    WOW1225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2014, 07:15 AM
    They are called the wheat basket of the world because the climate and the soil are the most preferable place for the growth of wheat. It also produced enough wheat for the export to different countries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Driving to the basket help [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old, 5.7 and 110lb. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice/tips on driving to the basket effectively during a game while being guarded. And please be specific because I would really practice it and appriciate it thanks :)

Know anything about the online virtual world game called Second Life? [ 3 Answers ]

I ran across Second Life while looking for simulation PC games. It's a game that is played strictly online. I was hoping someone has experienced this game for themselves or knows something about it. If any of you have, would you mind giving some insight on how it works... what you do... is it...

Inner wash basket movement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, My washing machine (top end loader) seems to be working just fine, but I can move the entire inner wash basket around with my hand. Should I be concerned, and if so, what's the problem?

Air in filler basket [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new pool and lately I have noticed a small amount of air coming into the filler basket through the front pipe via bubbles when the pump turns off, enough where it slowly drains the basket after a couple of hours. I don't notice any water around joints coming out of pipes or a drop in...

I need help in basket ball help me! [ 4 Answers ]

Look I need some seriously help in basket ball I don't know what type of training I need for good shot average and to improve my stamina,I also need help on how to play in my position I am a center.

View more questions Search