Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hissinroaches Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 08:25 AM
    How to make my dad leave my house?
    I am the only person on my land contract and I am wanting to know how to get my father to leave my house.he is doing everything he can to break up my fiancé and i.the police even have been called and took him away on a asult charge after hitting her.(but the charges have been dropped due to lack of evidence)all he does is want to argue and pick fights over everything. making our life miserable.he does pay on some of the bills,sometimes,and he does get mail here.hes always leaving notes on paper plates telling us what not to do IN MY HOUSE or elese.how can I get him out of here?can my fiancé file a protection order to keep him away,since there has been a prior arrest,even though it didn't go to court?or do I have to file eviction notice?and if so,how do I go abput doing that?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 06:26 PM

You need to do a formal eviction proceeding on him as the arrest never happened on paper and the court won't issue a protective order without some "proof".
    hissinroaches Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 08:12 PM
    They arrested him for assualtand spent thee night in jail. and we made statements.the prosocuter droped the charges
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 08:23 PM

You may get a order of protection, that is up to your sheriff or DA office as to if they will do it based on the evidence and if the judge will uphold it.

The eviction process is one way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you make people leave your house [ 1 Answers ]

My friend lives with her mother and father and when her cousin got out of prison he needed a place to stay so they let him stay with them and then his dad came and stayed as well and now my friend wants them out cause they are not working and using drugs, and she has two small children and is...

Does he still like me and how can I make him leave his girlfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I went partying with this guy that I guy liked it and we kissed and stuff. The next day he said that it proved that I still liked him and stuff like that. The thing is that he has a girlfriend and I really like him despite this. Do u think that he likes me why he's talking to me, although...

Can he make me leave? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband of 10 yrs. Is refusing to support the family, he has a job and I do not. He says he wants his name off our joint bank account and will not pay any bills unless they are all in his name. I have been the sole bill payer of the family for 11 yrs. We have 2 kids and my nephew living with us....

Should I just let my friend make his mistake and leave him alone? [ 7 Answers ]

I have this guy friend that's a few years older than me. He recently just got back with his girlfriend who had cheated on him. This girl has done nothing while they were together but cause him misery and treat him like dirt. Me and his other friends are trying to tell him he's making a huge mistake...

View more questions Search