Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfriend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Convicted felon looking for truck driving school
    I am a convicted felon who is trying to find a truck driving school to attend. I have 1 felony and it is 5 years old and I don't have the money to pay for the schooling myself. Can anybody give me some information that will help me out? Thank You all
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jfriend View Post
    I am a convicted felon who is trying to find a truck driving school to attend. I have 1 felony and it is 5 years old and I don't have the money to pay for the schooling myself. Can anybody give me some information that will help me out? Thank You all

Other than the usual channels for scholarships and grants there are no special programs for felons.

It is also very possible that you cannot get a license or insurance to drive with a felony on your record. Have you checked that out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

I'm just another felon looking for a truck driving job [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a truck driving job with a 1-year felony?

Felon driving a truck ,EOE? [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried some. I have a felony reduced to a misdemeanor 7 years old and 10 (misdemeanor) small cases. I have passed a lot of background checks and sometimes I fail a lot. Im in the same boat. Aren't there a lot of cdl trucking companies that will give me a chance? Equal opportunity...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Felon looking for CDL & truck driving opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a truck driving company that will agree to hire a convicted felon once I get my CDL? Job Link has agreed to pay for my CDL training, but first I must get written agreement from a truck driving school that will agree to hire me once I have the CDLs. My felon is less than 5...

View more questions Search