Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taytaylikduhh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Write and Balance word equation
    Write and balance word equation: Potassium Chlorate when heated yeilds potassium chlorate and oxygen gas
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 14, 2009, 02:14 PM

Is this a homework problem?

First, you need to look up the molecular formulas for potassium chlorate, potassium chloride (not chlorate) and oxygen and then write it as an equation:

KClO3 = KCl + O2

Then balance the equation. (Hint: The KCl is already balanced. All you have to do is balance the oxygen).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you write the equation for this sequence 10, 12, 16, 22, 30 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, How do you write an equation for this sequence whose difference increases by two each time? 10, 12, 16, 22, 30

Making a word equation out of a symbol equation [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new here. I don't understand this thing with the word equation so well. I wondered if anybody could tell me if this is correct: CH4+3 O2 -> CO2+2 H2O (CH4=methane) my answer (the word equation): one methane atom (?) reacts with three oxygen molecules (?) to give one carbon...

I Really Need Helping forming the equation from the Word equation! [ 1 Answers ]

OK here we go I have been working forever on this question and I need help!! Zinc Sulfate heptahydrate + Potassium Carbonate PLEASE HELP!!

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search