Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gkapshuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 04:59 PM
    401 (K) withdraw
    My mother is 74 years old and still works. She has a 401 (k) plan at her work where she contributes bi weekly. Her employer has announced that they will no longer be matching their contribution. She wants to know can she take all of her money out of the plan without a penalty and put it into a CD, money market etc. She does not want to roll it over into an IRA account. Thanks for any advice or information you can give.

Georgia
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Jan 13, 2009, 06:01 PM

Once you reach 59 & 1/2 years old, the money can be withdrawn without penalties. It will be taxed upon withdrawal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men withdraw? [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy a year ago and we have been doing the same song and dance over and over. We get along well and there is great chemistry between us - here is the problem - we get into an argument and then don't talk for a few months. This guy contacted me on Valentine's Day and we have been...

Can I withdraw my I-864 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to withdraw my Affidavit of support. How can I do that?

401 withdraw [ 3 Answers ]

I have been terminated from my job after 14 yrs. I am totally vested in my 401k but I have not found a job, therefore I need money to pay off some loans. Is there any way I can do this without penalty?

401 K withdraw [ 4 Answers ]

I am now 74 years old but I am still working. I would like to withdraw my 401K to use it for repairing my house. What steps should I be taking?

View more questions Search