Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cabcab Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor
    I have a 10 HP Craftsman lawn tractor that will not move. The clutch works and it goes into gearbut the flat wheel spins and the gear wheel seems too have not enough pressure on it to move. Could this be just a loose drive belt?

Thanks, Charlie
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2006, 11:08 PM
    Yes it sounds like a worn out belt. How old is the belt?

Jul 28, 2006, 03:36 AM
    Thanks I'll check it, I think it is probably the original belt.

Jul 30, 2006, 06:32 AM
    I think I found the problem, there is a spring that moves a small pulley when the tractor is in gear, but one end of the spring is broken, and I don't know where it wouls attach to create the tension on the drive belt. Any help?

Charlie
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Can't think of where it would go myself... it wouldn't be far though, and would probably (after some age) wear a little where it was connected to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Model 917.256524 Lawn tractor 15.5 HP [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 15.5 Hp Craftsman lawn tractor. It starts fine but when you push the blade lever up to engage the blades the mower dies. Also if you let out on the brake/clutch pedel the mower stops. Note: the blade safety switch is OK and so is the clutch safety switch as is the seat safety switch. Any...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor - Front Axle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a twisted front axle. Since I will need to replace this soon, I'd figure to replace the welded axle with a cast iron replacement. I called the SEARS 1-800 number to get a similar models which would be a universal cast iron axle I could order & replace. ...

Bad solenoid in lawn tractor? [ 2 Answers ]

I was installing a new solenoid in my lawn tractor. The new solenoid posts were bigger than the eyelets in the cable connections. I drilled them out a bit. While tightening the cable connections onto the solenoid the posts in the solenoid began to spin... did I ruin the solenoid?:(

View more questions Search