Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stella1016 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 11:36 AM
    3 1/2 not speaking, what can I do?
    Hi,

I am worried that there is something wrong with my daughter, she is 3 years old now will turn 4 in August but she doesn't have any clear words yet. She can say "papa", "momma", "morning", "bye". She replies when called. She sways (dance) to music. But if she doesn't get she shouts and shrieks with a very piercing sound. I hope I am not alone with this kind of problem and be enlightened by this. Am I just being too worrisome?

Stella
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 11:39 AM

No you are not being too worrisome and you need to have your daughter tested.

Most often speech problems in toddlers are related to their hearing and she would need to visit an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor.
    Chin-Chee Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 11:03 AM

Maybe taking her to the doctor might help, she could be a little behind on her speech, and her doctor could probobly help with what is going on.
    ConfusedAngel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 09:46 PM

When my brother was younger he had the same problem and my mom took him to the doctors and he has a IEP. So you probably want to take her to the doctors. I hope this helped you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Age 2 Not Speaking [ 3 Answers ]

I have a niece age 2. He can only say two words. Vomits most of the time, and when he shows his anger, he will force himself to vomit or bang his head. Poor eye contact.

My son is not speaking [ 16 Answers ]

My son is almost 2 and 1/2 and only says 4 words. He's a very happy little boy, he's also intelligent and likes to be around other people but when I see other children I worry that he's not developing the same way as them. He was also a very late walker, he walks fine now. Someone told me he could...

Speaking disability [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends, My communication skills are not effective. Sometimes I break down while speaking especially in group discussions. My vocab is good but I find it difficult to articulate the sentences. It hurts me a lot . Please help me out.

Speaking in Tounges [ 9 Answers ]

Where in the bible does it say that it is required to have the gift of tounges to enter into heaven?

Speaking in public [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I have to do a reading at my sisters wedding next week and had the practice run tonight. This is a real challenge for me and I want to do well for my sister. I am generally nervous in such situations and during the practice run was very tense and found breathing and being natural...

View more questions Search