Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penguin169 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Rewireing bt land line box
    Hiah
    My friends phone line was dead ,tried other phones still dead, so replaced the phone socket,
    Using the 2 wires I disconnected ,not sure what colours they are, as forgot 2 take note and not going back until after six , connected into slot 2 and 5 still dead so switched the wires still with 2 and 5 , now can receive calls but fuzzy but can't make calls , so would like to know what the wireing should be , before calling out bt engineer , thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2009, 05:53 AM

I would use a Multimeter on a good phone to see the necessary voltage, then test wiring to see what has voltage on it. Connect observing polarity. Make a call, or call to it to verify you are on correct pair(phone number).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring land line phones [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone to walk me through wiring a landline phone from the outside box on the house to the phone jack

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve [ 2 Answers ]

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve. How can I step the range back line down a step. Is there some kind of converter I can buy?

Getting internet without a land line [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Indiana and I do not have a home phone (just a cell phone) How can I get internet without using a land line? Is there an internet provider other then Comcast that can hook me up?:confused:

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search