Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Jan 13, 2009, 04:40 AM
    Having a hard time deciding
    So its been approximately 3 months since my girlfriend of 8 years broke up with me,its been almost a month and a half of nc.I feel a lot better then I used to at the beginning of the breakup .The problem I am having is that tomorrow is my birthday, I am not sure if she is going to call or not, probably not but if she does should I pick up or not?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 06:14 AM

Nope, it doesn't sound like you are over her so no need to pick at the scabs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 07:30 AM

Nope, why take a chance of messing up your healing?

Whether she calls or not, your probably going to freak out for a while any way, so fore warned is fore armed.

Do something good for yourself, and enjoy your birthday with family or friends

Happy Birthday by the way!!
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Jan 13, 2009, 07:38 AM

Hi Dare 81,
    Pull all the phones off the hook and switch your mobile off and have a nice birthday!
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 13, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Happy birthday.

No, don't pick up your phone. This can possibly set you back to day one. Keep it up, your doing good.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 08:18 AM

Clearly you shouldn't. Imagine now, how freaked out you would get if you talked to her. I mean, you are already freaking out at the idea of her calling...

Jan 13, 2009, 05:48 PM

Thanxs everyone.She hasn't called yet and even if she does I won't pick up
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 06:17 PM

Happy Birthday man!!
    Yosomoton213 Posts: 174, Reputation: 45

Jan 13, 2009, 07:17 PM

I wouldn't expect the call. That would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Then you'll get upset that she didn't call. Turn off your phone and have a good time. I used to do the same thing. It's a habit that you'll have to break. Even though it's your birthday.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Jan 13, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosomoton213 View Post
    I wouldn't expect the call. That would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Then you'll get upset that she didn't call. Turn off your phone and have a good time. I used to do the same thing. It's a habit that you'll have to break. Even though it's your birthday.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.
    Cell phone has been off all day.Birthday wasn't too bad either, got to spend time with family and friends.

KC TIGER thanks man
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 08:00 PM

No problem! You keep your head up, and by the way, you seem to be doing awesome. Just keep moving forward. It is a new year for you now!
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jan 13, 2009, 08:52 PM

Happy Birthday Dare! Keep fighting the NC fight!

Jan 14, 2009, 07:58 PM

So she didn't call yesterday, and I was fine all day yesterday, until this afternoon when I started felling down and depressed. I guess I was expecting a phone call but it would have only complicated matters further.

After 8 years, I can't even get a Happy Birthday!
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 14, 2009, 08:50 PM

Don't worry man.

You don't need one from her.

Maintain your strength, it'll get better, I PROMISE.

Feb 6, 2009, 01:08 AM

Almost 2 and half months of NC and today had to be one of the hardest days of NC.I was thinking about her all day even cried a little, shouldn't I be over her already.Is there a light at end of this tunnel?
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Feb 6, 2009, 01:48 AM

Hi Dare81,

Wow! Two and half months- that is really good-you should be proud as NC is really hard to do- I look forward to such achievements!

I believe there will be good and bad days- as we heal and so I guess today is that bad day- but hopefully this will pass by and many more good days will come your way!

Keep going and keep smiling
    Maybe you can break you the day and so something different which may help you switch off for a bit.

Feb 6, 2009, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeniee View Post
    Hi Dare81,

Wow! Two and half months- that is really good-you should be proud as NC is really hard to do- i look forward to such achievements!

I believe there will be good and bad days- as we heal and so i guess today is that bad day- but hopefully this will pass by and many more good days will come your way!

Keep going and keep smiling
    Maybe you can break you the day and so something different which may help you switch off for a bit.
    Thanks Zeenizee,

I think that today has to be the first time in the last couple of months where I have really missed her, even though I think about her everyday today was different. I wanted to give her a call but I know she is not the same person that I use to love.I hope she is doing okay.
    Hopefully tomorrow is better.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    Thanks Zeenizee,

I think that today has to be the first time in the last couple of months where i have really missed her, even though i think about her everyday today was different. I wanted to give her a call but i know she is not the same person that i use to love.I hope she is doing okay.
    Hopefully tomorrow is better.
    It's like I have said many times. This journey is a roller coaster, ups, downs, twists, turns, corkscrews... all that stuff. When the ride is finally over and you pull up to that end... my friend, it is really worth it, and happiness will be there.

Carry on... :cool:
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Feb 6, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Good for you
    As long as the good days keep outweighting the bad your doing brilliant, keep up the good work it'll take time but I'm sure looking back to 2 months you never thought you'd feel the way you do now
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 07:11 AM

Some days are good, most I'm sure at this point.

But sometimes, you get hit with a smack in the face and it hurts like it did at the start but the sun will go down this evening and come back up tomorrow!

Just keep the NC going.. you'll kick yourself if you fall so far into the healing process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend gets hard all the time [ 14 Answers ]

Every time me and my boyfriend kiss he gets a hard on even if it is a short kiss goodbye, he likes let me know by pressing himself up against me... this is my first relationship so I am unsure if this normal or is all he is interested in is having sex with me?

Cat has a hard time walking [ 19 Answers ]

Last year my cat got hurt and we didn't take her to the vet because we had plans that day. We have hardwood flooring and she doesint do to well. My mom thinks her claws should be trimmed but I think different. Every time she gets to the hardwood parts of my home she slips and slides and her body...

Having a hard time figuring this out . What do you think? [ 3 Answers ]

All right, The ex and I broke up in February after 4 and a half years and since that time we've run the gambit of breakup emotions and conversations. Recently we have begun talking and things are seeming to go really well, she says that she likes talking again and so do I. when we do talk it's...

View more questions Search