Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 12, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Guys with cooking skills
    A coworker and I got into a discussion today after she lamented the dearth of dateable guys with cooking skills. I can't believe there is a scarcity of guys in their 30s and 40s with cooking skills. All the guys I know definitely like to eat.

Anyone care to support or refute my coworker's observation?
    royboy74 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 11:35 PM
    I am 47 single and have made some of the ladies in our Church mad.Some of my desserts get ate before thiers.You really need to try my cheese cakes. Mmmm I have been called the cakeman at the local truck stop.I take cakes in to share.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 06:28 AM

I know in my case, I learned to cook out of necessity. You can only eat out alone so much.

I think a lot of it is dependent on the guy's dating history and interest in good food.

I personally cannot conceive of not being able to cook, but then again, my fiancée will burn things with microwave... so they exist.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2009, 06:32 AM
    I'm in my 40's and I love to cook. Before we had kids I'd love to pick a recipe that had 2 hours of prep (weekends of course) that included a bottle of wine. Now that I'm married with young kids I still do ~70% of the cooking though the meals are less involved. I just like to be independent, which explains why I can iron, do the laundry, etc..
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 07:26 AM

I learned how to cook from my dad. Even though my mother knows how to cook, my dad is by far the better cooker. Whenever I need to know how to make something I calls of my dad and his cooking skills never fails. My mother use to get mad behind this, and still does to date, and oneday she challenge my dad to a cook off. Mind you my mom cooking isn't bad but my dad just naturally knows his way around the kitchen. Now even though my dad won the cookoff when crowned my mom the winner, it was my dad idea, so she wouldn't feel bad.

My fiancé knows how to cook too and he isn't afraid to follow a recipe from a cook book. Him cooking helps a lot and takes the load off me sometimes and I love it when he mades me a complete breakfast in bed too.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 08:28 AM

I think I am a far better cook than my wife or her mother. Women tend to follow a recipe and men tend to follow their hearts and minds. What combination's sound good to them is what you get. But then again growing up with a single drunken mother in the 50's I learned a lot of stuff out of necessity, like cooking, cleaning and sewing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Better My Skills [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old. I've been playing basketball sense I was 13. My skills vary.. I am an outstanding shooter, I can shoot 3s, I have an outstand mid-range jumper, I can bank shots, and 90% free throw shooter.. I have above average passing skills, I can attack the paint and find the open man. I...

Skills [ 4 Answers ]

I have yo answer this question any help please, Please explain how your experience,skills knowledge and personal qualities meet the requirements of the job you have applied for It's a caretakers job

Cross-over skills [ 7 Answers ]

It has long been recognized that skill sets from other sports can aid and enhance one's main sport. Does anyone have experiences to share related to using skills learned from other sports to enhance their main sport?

View more questions Search