Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaysdesign Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Additional monitor using a wire splitter
    I am trying to view two monitors using 1 PC to 2 VGA SVGA Monitor Y Splitter Cable. All the 2nd monitor does is show a duplicate picture of what my default monitor shows. But that's not what I want, I want to use the additional monitor as an extension to my default. I had that at my old job and it was easier to view more files and pages at the same time because I could just have some open on my default, and than different ones open in the additional one.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 12, 2009, 11:12 PM
    Windows supports multiple monitors with certain video cards and your video card and its driver/utility software may itself if the hardware offers the feature. Using Multiple Monitors with Windows XP discusses the Windows option as well as others. If you are using an operating system other than Windows, post back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

12/3 wire feeding additional light in dinning room. [ 3 Answers ]

The end of the run 12-3 wire coming from my upstais 3 way light is currently attatched to a single switch. I want to install a double gang box at that switch and feed power to 12/2 wire, through the switch that will power my dinning room light, that will run up to my dinning room light. In theroy I...

How to wire an additional light to an existing 3-way light switch [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing my basement, and the light at the top of the stairs is connected to a light switch at the top and bottom of the stairwell. I would like to add another light to this configuration at the bottom of the stairs. From what I can see, the power runs into the light...

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

View more questions Search