Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Insane09 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Still need to go to hearing?
    I live in PA. I received a Civil Action on Saturday 1/10/09 for a court hearing in February. I call and made a settlement with the credit card / debit collector today. They told me I did not have to go to the hearing because of the agreement. Should I still go to the hearing or does the hearing get canceled?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 04:11 PM

YES, go to the hearing. If the collection agency isn't being honest with you, it's going to be a default judgment and you'll have to pay the full amount. Get something in writing from them stating that they agree to settle and take it to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DUI DMV hearing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the DMV use an expunged criminal case as evidence at a license revocation hearing? The expunged case was a drug related case from 10 years ago.

Going to a hearing [ 1 Answers ]

Doesn't USC 18(a)(c) deal with drug trafficking, computer use? What are you asking?

50-B Hearing in One Day [ 3 Answers ]

I took out a 50-B on my soon to be ex-husband and an assault charge. Our court date is in one day and he has hired one of the most powerful attorneys in our town. I do have an attorney as well. His lawyer called me last week and wanted to speak with my lawyer (so we do not have to go to court). If...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

View more questions Search