Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Employment Law regarding employment applications
    I know that employers can ask on their applications if you have ever been convicted of a felony, but I ran into one the other day that asked "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 7 years?" Just wondering why the 7 years.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Hello hm:

I don't know. Maybe they're giving dudes, whose felony is longer ago than that, a break.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2009, 07:35 AM

Sometimes they ask for 7 years, sometimes 10 years. I don't know exactly why different years though. Sometimes they ask have you EVER had a felony conviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment law [ 5 Answers ]

Can my employer sack me if I take on another job after doing my contracted hours

Regarding employment [ 1 Answers ]

HI , My name is padma. I have worked previously for a pharmacy in U.S.A as an intern . I am yet to atke exams to be a registered pharmacist. I had come back to INDIA due to health problems. My H-1 was valid only till sep. of last year. The particular pharmacy was overtaken by other...

Employment Law [ 6 Answers ]

I have had an ongoing problem with my employer paying correctly, mostly overtime money. It has caused me much financial difficulty. I have not been able to pay all of my bills for 4 months now, so of course my credit rating has suffered.I am now faceing forelosure on a property I own because of...

Employment law [ 19 Answers ]

If I made a new copy of my work contract and signed it by my manager.would I get the sack

View more questions Search