Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nilaoraja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Kenmore dryer runs but won't heat (Model # 110.76902690)
    Our dryer runs but won't heat. Also, the inside bulb does not turn on when the front door is opened. I believe the two problems appeared simultaneously.

Kenmore Model #: 110.76902690 Equipped for natural gas.

The instruction on the dryer says "240 Volt dryer operates on two fuses in the main box. Are fuses blown? Replace or tighten."

Is it referring to the main fuse box for the house or internal fuses within the dryer?
    If the fuse is blown on the main box of the house then the dryer should not run in the first place, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rd
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 12, 2009, 11:07 AM

The dryer will run if one of the fuses is blown or if one leg of the circuit breaker is tripped.
    The fuses mentioned in the owners/operators manual are the ones for the residence not inside the dryer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Kenmore Dryer runs but wouldn't heat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore Dryer Model #970-C85192-00 (electric) which I bought in Dec 2006. The drum runs but would not heat. I looked in the Sears Manual (Use and Care Guide) and the Avoid Service Checklist details the following possible cause - "There are 2 house fuses in the dryer circuit. If 1 of...

Kenmore Dryer Model # 110.96591220 Won't Heat [ 5 Answers ]

Dryer won't heat and I have continuity on all the reachable parts. Not getting juice to the coil during operation. I should have 0.00 OHMS for normal operation, tested when cool on all the parts, right? Thanks for your help.:eek:

Kenmore Dryer Runs But Does Not Heat [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Dryer, Model #96284100, was manufactured for Sears. The dryer runs but does not heat. The door panel indicates there are two fuses in the main panel. How do I disassemble the dryer to check/replaces the two fuses?

Kenmore elect. Dryer runs but does not heat [ 1 Answers ]

Approximately 130V between each of the element terminals and ground, replaced element but no heat. Other checks; new high limit t'stat, operating t'stat shows 7 ohms, element shows 10ohms. Can trace voltage all the way to the element and the element is new. Out of ideas, need help.

Kenmore dryer runs but does not heat [ 3 Answers ]

My Kenmore dryer just stopped heating but it runs. The model number no is 110.62994101. I need help on how to fix it. If possible with diagram on How to change any part.

View more questions Search