Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 10:16 AM

From my experience broke, but still working together beats being apart with a few buck in your pocket. Hang in there.
    Letitbeover Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 06:43 AM

I hear a lot about what you think she may want and what you want but really you need to think about the welfare of your children. You have a very good case to get custody of your children, including the 14 yr. old, however, sometimes the courts will side with what a 14 yr old wants herself. You have been the main caregiver for the children. You also have been the main provider. You can show the courts that they need to stay in the environment they are used to, friends, neighborhood, school, etc. I know you feel she may come back but the big word is "might". If she doesn't and you wait too long, it may be too late to fight the issue in court, again you must look out for the children. It doesn't matter if she is using you, not in your children's eyes. Believe me, children figure things out and also assume. The worse thing you could ever do is bad mouth their mother, instead support her, always. Even though your children may not see the light now, guaranteed they will and they will only resent you if you display bad behaviour, including, not fighting for them, seeing them, calling them. All you have to do, no matter what, whether you like the situations that may come up or not, is to think what's best for your children. In the end when they're about 18 or 20 they will understand you did all that you could do and believe me there are many more years after childhood that family is spent together. P.S. Keep the children completely out of the court/custody/support battle, even if they ask questions. Just say this is for the adults to deal with (not problem, not worry). Hope this helps and good luck!
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Apr 6, 2009, 02:47 PM

It's OK to be broke, your family is home with you, that is the main thing. Things will turn around for you now! Were all suffering in some kind of way, financially, don't let that keep you down. Your heading in the right direction, now. Just keep that positive attitude on everything. Keep us updated too, were all pulling for you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife left me and took kids. [ 32 Answers ]

I'm in the military first of all so everything I do is scrutinized and monitered by the military. My wife left me and took my two kids. She won't talk to me about what she thinks or what she feels. Every time we talk I get anger and frustration. We have had a very hard marriage. We have been...

Wife left, took kids while I was at work [ 65 Answers ]

Ill try to keep this a short as possible. 7 months ago I came home from work to a note from my wife. Her dad and her had concocted a plan for him to drive here and take her and our kids to their house out of state. I called the police, nothing they could do. I called family services and was...

Kids Father talks bad on ex-wife and me in front of kids [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, admins please move to the appropriate section. Thanks Now for the question, I have been seeing my girlfriend for almost 7 months now. We do live together with her 2 beautiful girls who I adore and treat as my own. They are 5 and 3 and...

Wife left [ 2 Answers ]

My friends wife left him after 2 months of receiving her green card. Under these circumstances, can he get her green card revoked?

Wife left took every thing left child what to do [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my wife have been married 2 years and she took off left the kid and the kid is upset that her mom left her again she did it ounce and lost bouth children before we were married so I got the daughter back for her and now she abandened the child again the child is 16 turning 17 in 10...

View more questions Search