Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TEXAS2288 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2006, 02:36 PM
    My father in law got immedupper. Dentures in April 05. He had server perio like 12mm pockets. He had a lot of bone loss and lot of his teeth were moveable. He had problems on and on and in Nov 05 he had them reline. When he left that day he said they were fine and that he could eat with them. Well he never went back after getting them reline. Now its July and they don't fit at all. He goes and sees this other dentist and that dentist tells him he should have them remade or sue the dentist that made them. So he goes to the dentist who made them and tells them to either remake them or he is going to sue them. I try to explain to him that denture are not like your real teeth and with the sever perio that he had that it would take time. Plus I think after he got off from work he would take them out and now where them all the time. He is mad because all his friends didn't have trouble and he can't understand why. And I keep telling him that there gums and teeth were not like his. So what should I do now?
    BRUCErulz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS2288
    My father in law got immedupper. dentures in april 05. He had server perio like 12mm pockets. He had a lot of bone loss and lot of his teeth were moveable. He had problems on and on and in Nov 05 he had them reline. When he left that day he said they were fine and that he could eat with them. Well he never went back after getting them reline. Now its July and they dont' fit at all. He goes and sees this other dentist and that dentist tells him he should have them remade or sue the dentist that made them. So he goes to the dentist who made them and tells them to either remake them or he is going to sue them. I try to explain to him that denture are not like your real teeth and with the sever perio that he had that it would take time. Plus I think after he got off from work he would take them out and now where them all the time. He is mad because all his friends didn't have trouble and he can't understand why. And I keep telling him that there gums and teeth were not like his. So what should I do now?
    I don't think that threatening to sue the dentist is going to help him eat any better. An immediate denture, that is a denture that is placed on the same appointment that the natural teeth are extracted, is going to get loose.

It is not uncommon for such a denture to require a series of relines over a period of months, up to a year... The ridges will shrink rather fast at first and then they will slow down the rate of shrinking so that after a while, a permanent reline should last several years...

No two persons are the same, but if a reline helps, at least for a while, it is a good sign. When things get loose, get another reline. Such arrangements should be worked out before the denture maker even begins.

Some dentist include "free" relines for a period. Others do not. Find out before hand so you will know what to expect.

BRUCE
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 17, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Threatening a dentist will probably anger him or her and will make going to that dentist for further dental work unwise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is an e'mail traceable back to the sender?

True or false? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that if you lose wieght you stretch marks will become less noticeable?

True or false [ 21 Answers ]

If u ask a loved 1 a question in their sleep... and they answer! Is that answer true or false? Any ideas.

Being false accused [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any law on the books that would help us on being falsely accused of something when are findings have proved otherwise? Is there any criminal/civil lawsuit that we could pursue on the people accusing?

False information [ 2 Answers ]

There is a condo I had bid on. The contract is final and the asking price was $161,000. I had it appraised since I am going with an fha mortgage and the appraisal came back at $144,000. My question is the seller has only lived there for 5 months and they purchased it for $144,000. Are they by...

View more questions Search