Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czltx0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Legalities for fundraising
    I am planning of starting and managing a fundraiser in my town for breast cancer. Are there any legal issues or laws I need to abide by in order to raise funds?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Hello cz:

Yes, of course there are. I don't know what town you're talking about, but every locality I know of, has different rules. The feds too, are involved. You may very well need to form a 501(c)(3) organization...

Consequently, to answer your question SPECIFIC to your town, I'd "hire" a CPA. I used parentheses around the word hire, because I'm sure you can find a CPA who will donate his time.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal Fundraising? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if it would be possible to fundraise for one's own family. I'm trying to help my son financially. He needs to go to the next step in his career which is in the music industry. He's very talented and I'm so proud of him. He went out to LA from NY last year and, like all...

Fundraising Idea [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I am in the right spot, but oh well. See, here is my idea, I am getting rid of my POS car and I thought instead of simply sending it to the junk yard, I woul hold a fundraising thing. What I would do is have the car sit in an empty field, or empty parking lot, and charge like one...

Non-Profit fundraising [ 10 Answers ]

My Kids attend a catholic school that is funded only by tuition and fund raisers. The problem is they have 30 fundraiser a year that make minimal money. There are so many that they become less and less efective. How many rolls of wrapping paper can you convince people to buy.. I need direction...

Nonprofit fundraising [ 1 Answers ]

How does my parents association become non-profit in order to fundraise legally

View more questions Search