Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Manager Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Curtis MP3 Video Playback
    I bought a Curtis 4GB - MP3 player serial Number MPK7836UKA for my daughter at xmas, it works OK apart from when you try to put a video or film clip on to it, it comes up with the message - FILE FORMAT ERROR! Can anybody help as the instruction book is very limited.

Regards.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:17 AM
    What is the file format of the video/film clip that you are loading onto the player and what video formats does the player support?

Edit to add: here's a linkto the manual from their site: http://www.curtisint.com/html/custse...MPK7836_EN.PDF
    It appears that the only video file format it supports is avi.
    derekpartridge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 12:02 PM
    Did you put music on your player first? because if you did that is your problem,for some reason when you put music on first your player tries to play video as mp3,format your player and make separate folders on your media player drive for video and music and put a video file on first and play it,then your music.
    paddijo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 06:59 AM
    I Have the 4GB Curtis MPK7836UKA MP3 Player and use the format to put video or clips on is .flv any of the rest formats for e.g.. . avi, mpeg, mp3 etc for putting videos or clips on won't work, to put on photos it will take the format .mpeg and for putting voice messages on it will take take the .mp3 format

So Convert your videos or short clips to .flv format before putting them onto your curtis player.

Glad To Be Of Help To You.

PADDI JO
    paddijo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 06:59 AM
    I Have the 4GB Curtis MPK7836UKA MP3 Player and use the format to put video or clips on is .flv any of the rest formats for e.g.. . avi, mpeg, mp3 etc for putting videos or clips on won't work, to put on photos it will take the format .mpeg and for putting voice messages on it will take take the .mp3 format

So Convert your videos or short clips to .flv format before putting them onto your curtis player.

Glad To Be Of Help To You.

PADDI JO
    rebekkahpayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Hi there

I have also the 4GB Curtis MPK7836UK MP3 Player... I have tried your suggestion on changing file to .flv, this does not work for me. Have you any more suggestions, reason I am asking is that I've tried the .avi and like you say it doesn't work. I am pulling my hair out here [there's not much left to pull out] and want to put a couple of movies on for my children.

Thanking you in anticipation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video playback skips like crazy! [ 6 Answers ]

I recently recovered my computer from some issues that seemed to be related to missing or defective display drivers. Well, for the most part my computer seems to be working well now. There's just one thing, and I'm at a total loss as to what's causing it or how to fix it. The video playback...

Curtis Mathis KW230 receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased (used) a Curtis Mathis KW230 receiver. It works fine but came with no instruction book. What are the general specs of this unit? I Emailed Curtis Mathis and they have no idea. The company was sold and in the transfer, most older materials was destroyed.

S l o w video playback start up [ 2 Answers ]

Previously, I could right click on a video, select a program to play it back (WMP 11, BS Player Pro 2.1.6, Power DVD Ultra) and the video would begin to play almost immediately in the selected player. Now, playback begins eventually only after a wait of from fifteen to thirty seconds in all...

Edward Sheriff Curtis [ 3 Answers ]

Ever heard of him? I have a few of his prints along with certificates of authenticity. They are really wonderful pictures. All are numbered. Anyone reading this know what they may be worth? I have "The Eagle Catcher" (#220 of 228) "Pulini and Koyame" (#157 of 228) "Crying To The Spirits" (#214 of...

View more questions Search