Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    connie55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 05:28 AM
    My partners, new partner buying my share of house
    My partner and I bought a house three years ago using a joint mortgage . I put in the deposit he put in nothing . He now has met someone new and left the property he is not contributing to the house leaving me without a choice of selling the property . They have now decided they would like to buy the house and give me my deposit back . His new partner is going to buy me out using a settlement from her divorce
    How do I go about taking my name off and adding her name without going through the re- mortgage procedure
    Is is relatively simple
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by connie55 View Post
    how do i go about taking my name off and adding her name without going through the re- mortgage proceedure is it relatively simple
    Hello connie:

Not only is it NOT simple, it's not POSSIBLE.

You and your ex partner are going to have to sell the house to your ex partner AND his new partner. They'll have to get their financing just like any NEW purchase.

excon
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello connie:

Not only is it NOT simple, it's not POSSIBLE.

You and your ex partner are going to have to sell the house to your ex partner AND his new partner. They'll have to get their financing just like any NEW purchase.

excon
    Speak with your lender. They might make the process of getting the new loan easier. But Excon is dead on. Mortgages cannot just be transferred like that.
    sandkicker Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2009, 08:07 AM

Only FHA mortgages are "assumable" and the new owners need to qualify for the loan on their own.*

Removing your name from the deed constitutes a "sale" and invokes a clause in the mortgage called "due on sale" that requires that the previous loan be paid in full.*

* Not legal advice, just my knowledge as a loan officer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silent Partner Share [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to figure out what my take would be in a business with a friend, where I am investing 40% of the cost of buying the business. My friend who is investing the balance, will be the "active/working" partner, I will be the 'silent" partner. What would be my split? Does the fact...

Does Partner have right to live in the house? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Myself and my boyfriend bought a house together 2 and a half years ago. My name was on the mortgage and both of our names were on the title. We have now been separated for over a year. He will not co-operate in selling the house, but he will not contribute in helping to pay them...

How to sell a house that my ex-partner is living in? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi there, I purchased a house a few years back with my ex-wife. We have two kids 12,13yrs and they still live in the house. Her name is on the deed, but only my name is on the mortgage. We were not married when we bought the house and I am currently remarried to another woman. How can I sell...

View more questions Search