Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melly4030 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 12:55 AM
    How much sugar intake a day
    Hi I ma currently on a higher protein diet. Carbs are incorporated etc. However I am not sure how much sugar a day is OK. My current eating habits include: Carbs 120gram a day, protein 180g a day Fat 40-45g per day kilojules per day 6500 -calories 1600

I am doing OK here but neet to work out sugars as I am going to be slightly changing this where I don't really need to add up and measure so much. I have got about 15kg I want to lose and want to do it right.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 06:57 PM

Only 10% of your total caloric intake should come from sugar. Which means if your on a 2,000 calorie diet no more a than 50 grams of carbs in the form of sugar. If your carb goal is 300 grams a day then up to 30 grams could come from sugar. Sugar plain and simple add calories, 1 tsp. of sugar provides 4grams of carbs. ( a 12 oz pop contains about 9 tsp of sugar)
    Added sugars/syrups in soda, candy, cakes, cookies, pies, and even some fruit drinks are listed as brown sugar, corn sweetner, corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glucose, high fructose corn syrup, honey, lactose, maltose, malt syrup, molasses, and surcose syrup to name a few. To to make a long story short, read labels, and keep sugar intake as low as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Calories VS fat intake? [ 3 Answers ]

Need to know which is most important my daily calorie intake, or fat intake, in order to lose weight, I eat a lot of fast food, and don't really cook, live on a lot of mcdonalds?

View more questions Search