Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smileyfta Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Which Shopping Cart? Who can I hire to build?
    What is the best all around shopping cart that is EASY to install/use and fully functional and user friendly for my customers?

I have had a site for several years and I have been ripped off so many times by web developers that were supposedly building my shopping cart and just took my money and never finished. I am fairly computer savy and built my own site with Front Page, but I am not an expert. However I have tried Agora and Shopsite and I have to admit, I am way over my head and I cannot figure it out at all. I already have my website built so I am not interested in templates and I don't like the carts that require you to "join" or register just to place an order.

I am currently with Ipower and I have free access to ShopSite and I have also seen that it ranked really high on several review sites, but I just can't figure it out.

I already have PayPal, I can have my credit card gateway setup in a matter of a day as we already accept credit cards, I just need a cart.

Lastly, who could I hire/find to build my cart? If you have a recommendation (and it is allowed on this site) could you do so? Anybody here capapble and interested in doing it? I am wanting the cart built and then me trained on how to add items.

Thank You In Advance!
    juhi2011 Posts: 91, Reputation: 4

Jan 11, 2009, 10:49 PM

May I know where are you from so that I can suggest you further

Jan 12, 2009, 12:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juhi2011 View Post
    May i know where are you from so that i can suggest you further
    I am located in KY, approx. 75 miles south of Louisville. I am in Elizabethtown and Louisville frequently also Bowling Green.

Jan 12, 2009, 12:56 AM

You can visit the site Offshore software development India, outsource web application development India, LAMP - PHP software outsourcing. It's an Indian company and is in the same field of website development but committed towards work. Browse the site, I think U'll arrive on a decesion. Well, are you not convinced with the guys working as free lancers?
    Artem Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2009, 12:34 PM
    CubeCart. It's free, there a few restrictions in shipment etc, unless you wish to pay.
    It's easy enough to set up and control yourself.

If you need someone to design you a lay-out, feel free to contact me. I accept PayPal, divided into 2 payments (before and after). For as much as €50 I can make you an original skin for your CubeCart.

I believe CubeCart also comes with some free standard templates to get you started!

CubeCart - Free & Commercial Online Shopping Cart Solutions
    {personal info deleted-<>}

Jan 12, 2009, 12:47 PM
    you can visit the site Offshore software development India, outsource web application development India, LAMP - PHP software outsourcing. It's an Indian comany and is in the same field of website development but comitted towards work. browse the site, I think U'll arrive on a decesion. Well, are you not convinced with the guys working as free lancers?
    I don't feel comfortable working with a foreign web developer, sorry. But Thank You! Do you know anyone from the US that would recommend?

Jan 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
    Well, are you not convinced with the guys working as free lancers?
    I actually only tried a free lancer once, and he owes me money for rent and I was trying to trade out and I am still trying but I don't think it is going to happen. I guess I need to just send him a bill. Actually I paid local computer tech/web design companies, though small, and they would never complete the cart. One went out of business and the other just never done anything and took my money and they closed a few years after.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2009, 12:51 PM

Have you talked to your WEB host? Most host services offer an e-commerce package that includes a shopping cart.

Jan 12, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Artem View Post
    CubeCart. It's free, there a few restrictions in shipment etc, unless you wish to pay.
    It's easy enough to set up and control yourself.

If you need someone to design you a lay-out, feel free to contact me. I accept PayPal, divided into 2 payments (before and after). For as much as €50 I can make you an original skin for your CubeCart.

I believe CubeCart also comes with some free standard templates to get you started!

CubeCart - Free & Commercial Online Shopping Cart Solutions
    {personal info deleted-<>}
    I will check out CubeCart and get back with you. First though let me clarify I have a completed website, just no shopping cart. I am not interested in using a "premade" template. I am needing to add cart buttons and a checkout page to my website and add the items to my cart. I also need someone to show me how to go about adding new items to the cart as new items are available. Again I am a novice to all the shopping cart stuff and hope I am saying things right, forgive me if I am not. But I am needing the following:
    1. A shopping cart that mathces my website (no premade templates)
    2. I also do not want a cart that the customer has to register first before making a purchase I am wanting a cart that will let a customer just buy and pay and then send me the email with the sales info.
    3. I would like to use custom buttons for adding items to my cart also if possible.
    4. I currently have Shop Site included with my domain Registrar if someone is familiar with it, doe it offer what I am needing.
    5. Payment gateway, etc. is readliy available as I already have ability to accept credit cards and all I have to do is call and add the gateway.

Hope this clarifies a bit and hope to hear from more people who is familiar. As I said I am willing to pay someone, and I am willing to pay for a reasonable cart for a reasonable price if Shop Site is not an option. I would need to see other work someone has done and the 50% up front and 50% after would be OK with references. Thank You In Advance!

Jan 12, 2009, 01:21 PM

Have you talked wioth your WEB host?
    Artem Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2009, 03:37 PM

Scott the most your webhost will let you do is press the Install button, which will paste the shop script into a folder of your website. Doesn't get you any further imo.

Jan 12, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Artem View Post
    Scott the most your webhost will let you do is press the Install button, which will paste the shop script into a folder of your website. Doesn't get you any further imo.
    That may be true of some hosts, but not of all. Its still worth talking to them and seeing what services they offer.

Jan 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Have you talked to your WEB host? Most host services offer an e-commerce package that includes a shopping cart.
    I have ShopSite available to me with Ipower as I posted above but I cannot figure out how to use it, very difficult (for me anyway as it scores very high in reviews such as Top10reviews.com). I am wanting to know which one is easy for the novice that:
    1. Is very functional and practical for both me and my cusomters
    2. DOES NOT require registering to my site just to place an order (I hate that)
    3. Does not just strictly use templates and allows me to use my current website design.

Jan 12, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyfta View Post
    I Do you know anyone from the US that would recommend?
    Ya I do know . Gimme one day I'll tell you the name soon...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google Shopping Cart [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to delete the Google Shopping Cart? I know it is messing up my Google Map and it is very annoying. Thank you B1953

Create a shopping cart and a log book in php with mysql [ 3 Answers ]

Please help! I am in a dilema. I have just started learning php; I am developing a website for an IT firm and I nid to add a shopping cart and a log book but I am not sure how. I have never done that in any other language, so am so blank. I can do the tables in mysql, but how do I link it with...

Pushing a shopping cart [ 2 Answers ]

A shopper in a supermarket pushes a loaded 32kg cart with a horizontal force of 12N. Questions: a. how far will the cart move in 3.5s, starting from rest? (disregard friction.) b. how far will the cart move in 3.5 s if the shopper places an 85N child in the cart before pushing? Answers:...

Finding the right shopping cart [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to buy/license an e-commerce system to sell a specialized product. This product requires the customer to put in from 3 to 12 detailed measurements, 4 other options. Once input the system will calculate a one-time price for this custom made item. I've been looking at a slew of shopping...

View more questions Search