Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misstina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Art for Babies
    I have just started as a group leader in the babies room, I need help with age appropriate art activities for them?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 10:02 PM

Hi, misstina!

What would be the age range in months for the babies, please? It would help to know that for those of us who come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 10:53 PM

Color and shape identification, tactile activities (soft, hard, smooth, rough, hot, cold, wet, dry), a sandbox, a water table, three-dimensional activities (e.g. colored blocks to build with), two-dimensional activities (DON'T PAINT OR PLAY WITH FOOD!), large removable adhesive pictures on a large paper or sheet, oversize puzzle pieces in jigsaw puzzles, flannelboards.

Then there's music -- do you do music activities??
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 09:58 AM

I think that Wondergirl up there gave quite good suggestions. :rolleyes:
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 24, 2009, 10:06 AM

The older toddlers might appreciate maybe making "cards." You could just fold a piece of paper in half and let them "write" their own messages to mommy and daddy, or something like it. Little kids very much enjoy pleasing their parents and making things for them.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 10:08 AM

My two year old loves putting her hands in paint. I also cover my walls with paper and let her go at it with crayons or her ooie gooey hands.

Sarah
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 04:59 AM

Magnetic boards are great.
    Most craft stores now have printable magnetic sheets.
    You can print things like farm animals on them or just cut the sheets out into shapes.
    The possibilities are endless!
    Best part is, they can be used over and over again :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All I can think about is babies! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and about to get married in the next few months and recently I have become completely obsessed with wanting to have a baby. I am completely aware that the timing is wrong and I can honestly say that if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would not be in the right place. My fiancé and I...

Can we have babies? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My boyfriend has HIV and I don't. Is there any chances for us to have babies with no risk of any infecction for them? Please help me we need to know. Its very important for us. Is there is any treatment available in United States?

Having babies with someone else [ 15 Answers ]

I have recently found out my husband slept with someone else and she is now pregnant. This was hard enough but now I have found out it is twins. When I approach the subject he withdraws into himself and get I don't know whenever I ask him anything - I just don't know what to do anymore??

Rat Babies! [ 3 Answers ]

Oh my. Here we go. We have a trio of rats, whom we we assured were all male. Well as nature would have it, the person who sold us the rats was wrong. Upon coming home from work today I discovered our "Sam" was actually a "Samantha", and she had 14 babies. The other two are assuredly males, and I...

I Need Help With My Two Babies [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I'm married got 2 little cute girls one of them is a year and two months old and the other is almost amonth. I want to know how to take care of them both and take care of the house, the cooking and myself, I don't sleep much cause I don't have time to do all that. My one year old she's...

View more questions Search