Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bates1992 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Foster care
    I am a 16 year old female. I live in gettysburg Pennsylvania and I have a son. I am currently in foster care with adams county children and youth. Every situation that I try to fix is resulted in being threatened to be separated from my son. I was wondering if I got married if I would be considered an adult or would I still have to be in the custody of adams county children in youth
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 07:22 PM

At 16 you will have to get the system sign for the wedding, which most likely will not happen
    bates1992 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Problems with the baby daddy lots of unanswered questions
    Okay so I'm 16 years old about to turn 17. January 13th will make it a year that I've known him. When I first got pregnant we started to have a lot of reaccuring issues so I decided to move back with my grandparents. He now lives an hour a 15 minutes away from me. I know a lot of you are thinking well she's to young to know what love is but I beg to differ. When I'm around him my heart skips beats. And I feel like everythings okay. When where not together and we talk on the phone we don't even have to talk just knowing he's on the other end makes me feel safe. We can sit on the phone and not say anything for hours. But I really don't know how I fell for him. But the only problem is he says he loves me and he's faithful but I'm afraid that he might be cheating on me.. I need help what should I do.. I need a lot of you guys to help me with this and females to give me women to women advice.. dont hold back tell me the truth please!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bates1992 View Post
    i am a 16 year old female. i live in gettysburg pennsylvania and i have a son. i am currently in foster care with adams county children and youth. every situation that i try to fix is resulted in being threatened to be seperated from my son. i was wondering if i got married if i would be considered an adult or would i still have to be in the custody of adams county children in youth

Is your son with you? I don't understand what you are trying to fix - or how you are trying to fix it - that is resulting in you being threatened.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bates1992 View Post
    okay so im 16 years old bout to turn 17. january 13th will make it a year that i've known him. when i first got pregnant we started to have alot of reaccuring issues so i decided to move back with my grandparents. he now lives an hour a 15 minutes away from me. i know alot of u are thinking well shes to young to know what love is but i beg to differ. when im around him my heart skips beats. and i feel like everythings okay. when where not together and we talk on the phone we dont even have to talk just knowing hes on the other end makes me feel safe. we can sit on the phone and not say anything for hours. but i really dont know how i fell for him. but the only problem is he says he loves me and hes faithful but im afraid that he might be cheating on me..i need help what should i do..i need alot of u guys to help me with this and females to give me women to women advice..dont hold back tell me the truth please!!!

My concern is that on another thread you have written that you are in the foster care system and being threatened with the loss of your son if you don't somehow "fix things."

These threads should be combined so that the people answering have a far more clear picture of the entire situation.
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 12, 2009, 07:48 AM
    OK, I tend to be rather "matter of fact" and "to the point" when I speak so bear with me please... but opinion is that you need to take care of you and the baby... at the point you don't know if the daddy will stick around or not... so you need to worry about yourself and do what you need to do to survive... don't count on the father to help... if he does then it's a bonus... but don't expect anything from him... if you do, you may be setting yourself up for a let down...
    araina Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
    [QUOTE=bates1992;1479370]I'm afraid that he might be cheating on me.. I need help what should I do..

Hey am a woman.. in a relationship for 5 yrs now...
    I ll tell you what the prob is.. a woman is never too old or too young to be a mother if she is in a good state of mind.for a man whether he is 14 or 40 a baby scares them... you moved out aftr you got pregnant means he was scared and wanted to stay apart for a while and sort out things.

I know you love him.he loves you too.but may be this baby will push him away from you.may be because he doesnot want the responsibilities that come with the baby.
    Talk to him before having this child.decide what is more important.you love the baby more or your man. Decide accordingly.

I wish everything works out for you.
    Take care.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 01:52 PM

This thread is 10 months old and the person who asked the question has not been back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get foster care of my nephew ? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get foster care of my nephew? His is in Brasil right know, my brother Died and his momy left him and moved to another city. My mother takes care of him and his sister but I would like to bring him to live with me. What step should My husnband and I take to bring him to live with us.

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

Sibling in foster care [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for an older sibling to obtain a younger sibling who has been placed in foster care

Get relative out of foster care [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. The department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we were aware of. Well every one pass except my spouse so the...

View more questions Search