Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordan1989 Posts: 48, Reputation: -1

Jan 11, 2009, 05:28 PM
    New Job, Pay Cuts?
    My brother worked for a company that went bankrupt, so he was let go. He was making $56,000 a year at the time, as a software engineer. He was there for 8 years. If he applies to another company, and they ask for a salary history and a desired salary, would they hire him if he only asks for $30,000 a year? He wrote that amount down on his application.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 05:36 PM

Hard to say, most likely there will be 100 people applying for that one job, so he needs to stand out, be able to show them he is the best person for the job.
    jordan1989 Posts: 48, Reputation: -1

Jan 11, 2009, 05:39 PM
    I guess I meant to say, if he is hired for the job, will they pay him $30,000 a year if that's all he asks for?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 12, 2009, 08:41 PM

A tough question, but seems to me he low-balled a bit much.

He should at least put down what he needs, given his current financial commitments.

Personally I would have put down a higher number and negotiated from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend cuts herself, what do I do? [ 35 Answers ]

I have a friend that is really close to me that I have known for awhile. I recently discovered that she cuts herself and I have no idea why. She told me she digs into her skin with her razor on her legs. And last night she apparently cut her forearms with a knife. I was speaking to her about it and...

For everyone who cuts [ 3 Answers ]

I appreciate that this won't work for everyone, but being a self harmer for three years I have finally found a way of stopping and I feel I have to share it. I worked out that it's not the pain that makes me do it but it's seeing the blood. I've tried red pens but it's not realistic enough. I...

She cuts herself? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey Big Brains of The Internet, Thanks for the advice, I met a girl a month ago, online, great first dates. The quick and dirty is: She tells me she was sexually abused as a child, age 12, (now 18) by her step brother in his 30ties. She now lives with her mom in my town. Then proceeded to...

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

Cuts. Again. [ 33 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :mad: I did it again.. . I cut myself.. . I feel bad about it. I feel so bad it makes me want to do it another time just for the satisfaction. I wan't help but Im too afraid to tell anyone, even kids help phone. What should I do?

View more questions Search