Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djholleman101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 03:15 PM
    How doI get burned cds to play in my car
    My burned cd will not play in my car... I would like to know how to transfer the format so that they will play
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 11, 2009, 03:17 PM
    You need to remember to finalise or close them.

I assume you are using an audio cd producing program and not simply burning as data.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 03:18 PM

When you find out the answer, tell me as I have scads of CD's that have audiobooks on them that I would like to listen to. Ever since Sept and I had to reformat my machine I have not been able to burn any cd's and play them in my car. Before Sept anything that I have burned works just dandy. Can't figure it out either and I've tried numerous cd audio burner software to boot! This is very frustrating to me as I'm a little tired of listening to the same old books over and over again.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Curlyben - I DO finalize the discs but they still don't play in my car either! I am using the same brand blank CD's also as I did before September.

Jan 11, 2009, 03:41 PM

The cds are cd-rw and I am burning them as audio but the files are mp3

Jan 11, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Burning the burn process it says that it is finalizing but do I have to do else to finalize
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 03:47 PM

Try using the CD-R's instead. That's what I used prior to September and they worked just great. My car's CD system works OK on the ones I burned prior to September so I know it's okay at that end. I don't think the CD-RW's are for car CD playback.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 04:53 PM

And don't use Sony CD's.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Jan 11, 2009, 05:15 PM

Double check the disc in your computer, when you open up the disc make sure they are not recorded as mp3 files on the disc.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by djholleman101 View Post
    the cds are cd-rw and i am burning them as audio but the files are mp3
    Then you have to be positive that your car audio player decodes mp3s. Otherwise it's a case of not all players can read CDRWs.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 06:09 PM

If you are burning music files other than cda files and your car cd player does not support mps or wma you would need to convert the music files to .cda format which will play in any CD player

If your car stereo can play mp3 files and does not play them, still convert them to cda format and you should not have a problem playing in any CD player

here is a free one
    Leapic Audio CD Burner Free is a all-in-one CD burning software that helps you to create audio CDs from your favorite MP3, WMA or WAV files. Then you can play them in your regular stereo or car CD player! You may choose to burn 74 or 80-minute audio CDs on either 74-minute or 80-minute CD-R/CD-RW discs. There is no need to convert to WAV and your CD is burned directly.

How To Get Free Cd Burner | Leapic Audio CD Burner Free reviews and free downloads

I personally use Deep Burner Pro for this task but above free software should work out for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Burned Disc will not Finalize,Does not play in my DVD Player. [ 1 Answers ]

When I burn a movie ,I use IMG Burn,But when it is finished. It will not finalize the disc and it will not play on any of my DVD Player`s.Tried deleting the upper and lower filter`s and rebooting but that does not work.Can any one help me please.My Computer and DVD Burner are about 6 year`s old,and...

Can't play burned CDs Help [ 2 Answers ]

I have real one player and windows media player and tried to burn CD's using brand new Maxell CD'R CD's. I first tried burning in Windows Media player, everything said that all was burned OK, yet there was nothing on the CD. Tried using the realone player and it said that all was completed...

View more questions Search