Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karamont01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 11:47 AM
    What’s wrong with my fish?
    I have two fish tanks and in one I have 3 gold fish and 1 sucker fish and in the other 2 gold fish as well. Well I moved the sucker fish in with the 2 gold fish and put 1 gold fish in the other tank. But after a couple of days I was starting to see these spots where there was no skin on the fish they looked like wounds. And a couple of days went by and when it was time to clean the tank where the sucker fish was with the 2 other gold fish are he would not move and usly he would go on the sides. So I took him out and put him in a small fish bowl and there he has been not moving but he is still alive and he will just float to the top belly up and he will try and get on the side of the boll and it looks like he is in an upside down V and he won’t get on the rocks at the bottom of the boll. I put a tablet in for him to eat gut he won’t. What does he have?? Can I treat it?? And whatever he has could all my fish get it senc he has been in both the tanks??
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 01:39 AM
    What size are your aquariums?

Sounds like you definitely have ill fish that need to be treated.

If the sucker fish is still alive and in the bowl, place him back into the largest tank you have. He needs to be in an aquarium with a filter and air stone.

Treat both tanks with medication even if all the fish show no signs of illness.

Also have water tested.
    If you happen to know the water test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and Ph, I'll be able to give you more info on what's going on with the water conditions.
    Water conditions play a huge part with disease outbreaks in fish.

Please update with current situation and I'll try to help the best I can.
    Hope I'm not too late to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is my fish doing? [ 8 Answers ]

I have 3 cichlids and lately when I come into my room to feed them I notice that my blue one will swim up to my red one and the red one will start to almost shake. It almost looks like it's having a seizure. They don't ever look like they're fighting, although I know that cichlids are aggressive...

My fish [ 8 Answers ]

I have a black moor that lays down in its aquarium. Is it supposed to do that? :confused:

There are no fish under the ice. [ 6 Answers ]

A blonde wanted to go ice fishing. She’d seen many books on the subject, And finally getting all the necessary tools together, she made for the ice. After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular Cut in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed, “THERE ARE NO...

Fish Floating At The Top Not Dead though what's Wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

My fish keeps on going up to the top of the tank and staying there.I think I've read somewhere that they do this when there over fed but I'm not sure.It acts like it needs to breath fresh air instead of water. It just floats at the top and then dives back down its head is allways pointing up like...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search