Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Things to do with poetry
    There's nothing I love to do more than write poetry, but each time I write one, I just stuff it in a binder. I wish I could do something more with them but I don't know what that would be.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 10:58 AM

Organize them around some theme, subject, or occasion. You may want to consider having your work copyrighted. U.S. Copyright Office - Copyright Registration of Poetry
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2009, 05:57 AM

Hi, meecy12!

If your poetry is metrical enough, that is, if it has some kind of rhythm to it, then it could probably be set to music.

If you would like to know how to do that, please let me know.

Thanks!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 10:43 AM

I love to read poetry.

I especially like poetry books which has related paintings and/or photographs in them,maybe if you have your own photographs or painting,you could print a book of your own.

Or even better make a scrapbook out of it.
    With your handwritten or typed poems and anything you would like to paste around it with a theme related to the poem.

I am thinking of non profitable,but enjoyable things to do with poetry.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 10:12 PM

Print and laminate a passage you especially like and paste it to the bottom of a picture frame.
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 03:18 AM

Hi again, meecy12!

My offer still stands about how you might go about putting your poetry to music.

Thanks!
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 04:41 AM

Hi meecy, meant to say to use blu-tac (not paste).

Would enjoy reading your poetry :)
    brittanyl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 04:48 AM

You could go to poeticpower.com and enter a poem their or you could look on the internet to find out how you publish your opoems because that's what I'm trying to do
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 05:19 AM

I do hope that meecy12 returns to this thread! There's already quite a few people who are showing concern and interest!

Thanks!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 10:38 AM

Meecy, I hope you come back to post again. I have a feeling you might have been more interested in options to publish. What gets published (and where poems get published) is really dependent on how good the poems are. The style of your writing will also influence your publishing options.

I think you might benefit from posting at least a poem or two. If you do, I will take a look at your work to see if I can lend a hand.

Just come back!
    ScoobyDoo5 Posts: 3, Reputation: -1
    -

Feb 1, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Google is a good place to start searching, trust me you'll almost always find what you are looking for, good has a lot of articles on poetry and publishing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Year 12 poetry [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you please analyse the poems the old prison and woman to man by judith wright. It would be very much appreciated.

Pre poetry 1914 [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: why was poetry before 1914 significent?I really need help with this guys?

Poetry [ 3 Answers ]

What is a legit place to have publish my poetry. I write poetry. People want me to have it published but I sent my stuff to a place one time and they ripped me off and now my poem is published with someone else's name on it. Where are the real publishers??

Poetry [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Experts: I need a website that has poems talking about doubleduch. Please help I can't find any of my own. Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search