Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jul 25, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Birds
    I am not sure if this is the right category but here goes. I had a bird in my basement yesterday. Does anyone have any ideas hw it might have gotten in there? I was wondering if birds will crawl through holes and how big of a hole? Thanks
    goat1of2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 04:38 AM
    Bird will crawl through holes, especially when they are looking for nesting sites. The types most often guilty are house sparrows and house wrens. I've found birds nesting in dry gutter downspouts (since we don't get rain for months at a time in the summer, probably not a bad bet) and under the eaves. Your bird might have gotten in through the eaves and then made its terrified way down between the exterior siding and interior wall (no insulation?). Or maybe one of your basement vents or dryer vent has an opening. These small species can fit through a hole less than an inch wide. They are mostly fluff and bones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birds and animals [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if it's safe to paint around birds. (wall and ceiling painting.

Birds moved in [ 6 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I have a micro-hood over my range which vents outside. I've discovered some birds have moved in through that vent opening and have built a nest right where the venting starts at the microwave. At least that's where the sounds are coming from. What can I do? Thanks.

Birds [ 8 Answers ]

What do birds never do on the ground?

Birds on Wires [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please explain how birds can sit on electrical wires without being harmed? My 7 year old son asked me this and I cannot answer him!

View more questions Search