Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indians16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Do you have to give notice when lease is up if not renewing
    Do you have to give notice if not renewing current lease?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 10:09 AM

Normlly yes, and that amount of time should be listed in the lease.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by indians16 View Post
    Do you have to give notice if not renewing current lease?
    What does your contract say?
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Jan 11, 2009, 10:33 AM

Most of the time yes. I know in the lease I have with my tenants, it is auto renewing, but we both have the right not to renew with a thirty day notice before the lease experation date.
    jab1174 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 09:50 AM
    My tenant has 12mo lease. They sent letter stating they would not be renewing the lease and the end of the 12mo term. What they didn't tell me was that they had already moving out which was 3.5 months before the end of the lease. Neighbors called us... Is it correct that they've broken the lease? We're trying to re-lease the house. Can I charge them for the costs to find a new tenant. We're in IL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does California landlord have to give 3-day notice to tenant who broke lease [ 2 Answers ]

I leased my home to three roommates (1 yr. lease). Two pay their rent on time. One moved in a month before the others, and I was being nice when I didn't charge him for the extra month. He moved out after 7 months without giving notice. He left all his furniture and clothing at the house in his...

Not renewing tenants lease [ 2 Answers ]

I sent the tenant of my condo notice of my intent not to renew her lease last week - the lease ends in Oct 08 giving her the option of moving before Oct. by providing 30 days written notice and paying only rent for the last month she occupies the unit. She responded with 30 days notice stating...

How can I ask my roommate to give 30 days notice on a month to month lease ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am3 months into a month to month agreement with my current roommate. We were in a 6 month lease together that has expired over 3 months ago. I am currently wanting to dissolve the relationship and go into a 12 month lease with our landlord on my own. I know she is not ready to vacate, but can I...

Do I need to give 60 days notice when on month-to-month lease? [ 1 Answers ]

My one-year lease will end on February 29, 2008. In December landlord send me a renewal notice. I will choose the option of month-to-month, with an 8 percent rent increase. But do I still need to give 60 notice? My one-year lease requires 60 notice. I live in Yardley, PA.

Apartment lost our lease agreement, and want us to still give 60 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Please... Help... Is this at all right? Am I still required to give a 60 day notice if the apartments have lost our lease agreement? There has been one thing after another gone wrong. I have called the corporate office, and still, no answers. Can someone give me some advice?

View more questions Search