Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetdp4l Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Being evicted but I paid rent
    My lanlord is taking me to court to evicte me for August rent but she filled the eviction papers on July 19th. I'm wondering if she is able to do that. I paid all of julys rent but late and also paid the late fee, today when I got the eviction papers they are for 400 dollars more than my rent even is. I need help I called legal aid a million times. And I was also wondering about appling the security deposit to the rent if its only 2 days after the 30 your allowed for written notice
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2006, 03:14 PM
    You can not use your security deposit for rent.

Have her take you to court. Tell the judge you don't have to pay Aug rent until Aug 2 (or whenever your contract states).

No need to worry. Just make sure to start paying your rent on time.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2006, 02:38 AM
    What is the landlord saying you owe the money for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting paid! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I have a simple question. I had to go to court (long story) and won about $3000 but that was a few years ago. Of course I have not seen any of it... what can I do? I don't know how to go about garnishing wages, and have since moved to a new state... any thought?

Adult Child evicted from home? [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know how, in GA, to be sure you can evict your 18-year old drug abusing adult son? I am told that merely telling him to leave (done) and changing the locks (done) is not sufficient. Thanks.

Paid SS and Medicare while in F1 [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm very confused. I worked on my F1 (OPT) from June 15th - December 19th 2005 but my company deducted social security and medicare taxes (it's a small company and they didn't know any different). On December 19th I switched my status from F1 to H1b. Apparently I can claim a refund...

Employer paid too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter...

How long until I get evicted [ 2 Answers ]

For the last 3 years I have lived and paid for the house I'm living in, the house is in my dad's name (he has never paid a dime for anything on the house), this last week we have had a falling out, he demands that I get the house out of his name or move within 30 days. My problem with putting the...

View more questions Search