Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RallisonW Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:01 AM
    What criteria does a room need to meet in order to qualify as a bedroom?
    We're hoping to refinance and need to know if one of our rooms will count as a bedroom. What criteria must a room meet to qualify as a bedroom?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2009, 08:38 AM

This is really a subjective determination. Generally if a room is big enough for a bed and a chest of drawers it can be classified as a bedroom.

If you are contracting with a relator, ask them as local rules may vary. But you can claim a bedroom and then let the prospective buyers decide.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    This is really a subjective determination. Generally if a room is big enough for a bed and a chest of drawers it can be classified as a bedroom.

If you are contracting with a relator, ask them as local rules may vary. But you can claim a bedroom and then let the prospective buyers decide.
    I believe it must also have a door. That seems to be the case here in Florida.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 10:21 AM

And by some guidelines it has to have a closet
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Jan 11, 2009, 10:31 AM

Also to consider is if you have sewer or septic. If you have septic, your system has to be rated for x number of bedrooms based on the tank size. I have a house that is actually 4 bdrm, but I can only list it as a 3 brm because my septic tank was not bg enough. To be safe contact a local realtor.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 10:43 AM
    You can find out for sure from your town's zoning or building dept. The municipal laws set the standards for living spaces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I qualify [ 2 Answers ]

I Own A Barbershop And Need To Know If There Is A Grant For Owners Who Train Barbers Through Aprentistship. I Am Currently Training A Vet To Become A Barber. I Also Supplied Everything He Needed As Well As Both Space Which I Could Rent Out.

SUMIF with 2 criteria [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm relatively new to using functions in excel and I'm sure my problem is really very simple but I am having a hard time figuring it out. I want to use the SUMIF function to total column C but only if column A=4012 and if column B=UK. A B C G/L...

Criteria for being bondable [ 2 Answers ]

My 18-year-old made a very stupid decision when she took 2 cheques from her room mate that were already endorsed by him and filled in with an amount, but the pay to was blank. She filled in her name and deposited them in her bank account to get back at him for being so nasty to her. She clearly...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Can I qualify [ 10 Answers ]

I'm fairly new to the site... I currently have a credit score of 525. Will I EVER qualify for a home loan? I am a 1st time buyer with a yearly income of around $42,000. I have also been on my job for 8.5 years.:confused:

View more questions Search