Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NICKNAME Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Complicated about christianity
    Hello everyone

I`m a muslim and all my family also...

I was wondering.. why would I be a christian? I mean what`s the benefit for me of being christian after muslim ? Because you guyz Believe in 3 gods.. but we only Believe in one !
    You guyz say jesus was Crucified on the cross ! So why you hold the cross ? And pray to it ? And consider it as a holy item while it`s the a sample of the death of jesus ( as you say )!?

Another thing..

IF you guyz say God has a son.. is that means God loves having sons ? If so.. why would he just have only 1 son?!

:confused: just asking..

Thank you all...
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 07:03 AM
    NICKNAME.. to answer you as best I can, and to serve God.. I pray that we can all be children of God.

Quote Originally Posted by NICKNAME View Post

i was wondering .. why would i be a christian ?? i mean what`s the benefit for me of being christian after muslim ? cus u guyz Believe in 3 gods .. but we only Believe in one !

No we believe in "ONE" God, the creator of the earth. The perfection of this world being created by God without error, and understanding that there was no margin for error, because the smallest difference would mean destruction. We could be crashed by gravity or even burnt by the sun, if the perfection by which God created the world was not as it is today. That is the surrounding orbit to man, and this earth.

However God also created men on this earth for His pleasure. Man to serve God, and bow to no other gods. Because of an evil known as satan, who's goal is to deceive man's mind on earth, God sent His Begotten Son. . . God's begotten Son known as Jesus, walked as a withness to His Father. Jesus as the Right Hand of The Father with God's Spirit within Him known as The Holy Spirit.

The three are evident indentity to "ONE" all being the same to bring intervention by "ONE GOD"

you guyz say jesus was Crucified on the cross ! so why you hold the cross ? and pray to it ? and consider it as a holy item while it`s the a sample of the death of jesus ( as you say ) !????

another thing ..

IF you guyz say God has a son .. is that means God loves having sons ? if so .. why would he just have only 1 son ??!!!

:confused: just asking ..

thank you all ...
    As for the cross, we do not pray to the cross. We pray to the Father as Jesus witness for us to do. Three times Jesus went to the mountain as 3 being evident to indentity, all being the same in prayer to the Father.

We acknowledge that The Father made Jesus, His begotten Son, to walk on earth so to bring us His body and blood as a sacrifice done on the cross for our forgiveness. That forgiveness is needed to clean us from the evil that exist here on earth in satan's deception.

Anything of goodness here on earth is of God. To serve God and His perfection. God does use us to serve Him, and God will destroy evil...

When we view evil, it is not of God but of man's evil in following satan. So we have, man using what God created to acheive their own gain, and NOT serving God, but rather serving their own pride. We are told by God to discern between these, one being that of evil, or the other being God's destruction of evil.

God loves His children, and His children are those who follow Him, and bow to serve Him. All souls belong to God, but few follow to seve Him.

~Prayer in asking for us to be, all that God created us to be as servants in God's will..
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 12:14 AM
    Nickname,
    Thanks for asking.
    First of all the God Christians worship is one God of three persons identified as a trinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    Each of us is a trinity of Mind, Body and Spirit that all work together in everything we do.
    We do not worship the cross. It is a symbol of what Jesus has done for the world. He died on a cross as a sacrificial lamb suffering for us for the forgiveness of our sins.
    If I remember correctly your holy book, the Koran, says that Jesus is a powerful prophet whose teachings are to be followed by Muslims and Jesus' mother Mary is revered in that book so much that Mohammed named his daughter after her.
    Isn't that correct?
    God the father had only one begotten son because only one was needed to accomplish the mission on earth that Jesus, the Messiah for this world, did.
    We Christians believe that those people who follow Jesus' teachings and have faith in Him are destined to go to heaven to be with God and other saints for all eternity.
    Jesus' teachings are of faith, love, kindness, mercy, honesty, forgiveness, and understanding for all to follow.
    Good Christians follow those teachings.
    I hope that helps you understand our Christian faith a little better.
    If you have any more questions please ask them here so we all can help you understand more.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Jan 12, 2009, 01:50 AM

Thank you sndbay for explaining..

You said :
    No we believe in "ONE" God, the creator of the earth. The perfection of this world being created by God without error, and understanding that there was no margin for error, because the smallest difference would mean destruction. We could be crashed by gravity or even burnt by the sun, if the perfection by which God created the world was not as it is today. That is the surrounding orbit to man, and this earth

Good, that`s what we believe either.

However God also created men on this earth for His pleasure. Man to serve God, and bow to no other gods. Because of an evil known as satan, who's goal is to deceive man's mind on earth
    We believe in this also..

His Begotten Son
    Dose that mean jesus has a mother ( like a wife for god ) or maybe you can explain more?

The three are evident indentity
    You mean god and jesus and.. who is the 3rd ?

As for the cross, we do not pray to the cross. We pray to the Father as Jesus witness for us to do
    Are you praying to jesus because he helps you and lead you and protect you and save and give you food and clothes and water ? You pray to him for that or not ? Or you hust pray to him because you love him?

Thank you sndbay
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2009, 05:05 AM

You post that you are a member of Islam, is that true? I only ask since the Quran has a very good story of Jesus, and his mother and the virgin birth. I understand Jesus is one of the most mentioned people in your own Holy Book. The main difference is the Christian having him the Son of God, not a prophet and of course his death and rising again.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 11:37 AM

dose that mean jesus has a mother ( like a wife for god ) or maybe you can explain more ??
    God the Father known as the creator of earth is of the spiritual realm. For God the Father to have a son to walk as flesh on earth as Christ was, He had to be born of woman. So yes, Christ had His mother on earth known as the Virgin Mary. (like a servant to do the will of God) Giving birth to the begotten son of God.

you mean god and jesus and.. who is the 3rd ?
    The 3rd is the Holy Spirit.. Christ would have a flesh heart as man, and yet the mind of God the Father by what is the known as the Holy Spirit within Him. (Being made One with the Father) "Spiritual connection"

are you praying to jesus cus he helps you and lead you and protect you and save and give u food and clothes and water ? you pray to him for that or not ? or you hust pray to him cus you love him ??
    Christ taught us to pray to the Father... And God the Father has told us through Christ, that anything asked in Jesus name will be granted, in the glory of God the Father.

3 evident identities 1>God the Father 2> Christ the Son 3> Spirit the Holy Ghost

"ONE God"
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 11:40 AM
    NICKNAME
    As I explained in my post to you the three persons in the Triune God are the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all working together as one being.
    As your holy book mentions a human woman. Mary is the mother of the Son, Jesus who is now a human being.
    We believe that Jesus is God the Son.
    Jesus had no human wife.
    We pray to Jesus for many reasons including that we love him.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 12:17 PM
    sndbay,
    Very Good post.
    Fred
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Jan 12, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Christianity is really not that complicated. God created the world and people as "good", which means "perfect" in His sight.

God wants all people to be perfect so that they are able to spend eternity with Him in His heaven with everlasting joy.

But as Adam and Eve sinned against God by their disobedience, ALL their descendants have sinned... including me and you.

God sent His Son to take on flesh, live under His Law PERFECTLY, and thus able to pay the punishment for all our sins( since He did not have any sin of His own for which He should die)

God's Son also gives His perfection to all who will receive it from Him: Jew, Gentile, Muslim,etc.

We Gentiles are not physical descendants of Abraham (as I understand Muslim's claim as their father) and have no part in the older covenants which God made with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob(Israel) or any of their descendants.

But Jesus, though of physical Jewish descent, proclaimed that He came to save people from all nations from the wrath of God brought about by their sin against God.

The question is: do you have any sin? If so, do you have one who has promised to save you from that sin? If not, then Jesus, the Christ of God, can be your savior too.

Eph 2:11-22

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
    NIV
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
    revdrgade,
    That's very good
    Fred
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Hello everyone
    Shalom Alakeim,

I`m a muslim and all my family also...
    I am a Catholic and all my family.

I was wondering.. why would I be a christian?
    To embrace the True God.

I mean what`s the benefit for me of being christian after muslim ?
    Because when you are Baptized you become a member of God's family.

because you guyz Believe in 3 gods
    We believe in one God.

.. but we only Believe in one !
    No. You believe in Muhammed's tales.

Remember, no one but Muhammed saw the angel and no one but Muhammed heard the revelation.

Compare to Christian doctrine. Jesus came and proclaimed His Divinity, proved it by mighty miracles and was witnessed by thousands. This is documented in Scripture by four eyewitnesses of His power and His wisdom.

Remember also, Muhammed never wrote down anything. He had his Scribes write and they left a mess when he died. So bad that Uthman burned the originals and substituted his own copy. You don't have Muhammed's Quran, you have Uthman's rescension.

you guyz say jesus was Crucified on the cross ! So why you hold the cross ? And pray to it ? And consider it as a holy item while it`s the a sample of the death of jesus ( as you say )!?
    Because that is the mightiest miracle of Jesus. He died on the Cross then came back to life. He CONQUERED DEATH on the Cross.

He has to be God. He turned the Cross, an instrument of torture and death into a symbol of eternal life. How mighter can He be? Muhammed comes nowhere close to the power and might of Jesus. Even the Quran says so. Muhammed was a sinner. Jesus was such a mighty prophet that He was also born of a Virgin as you also believe.

Tell me, if Jesus is born of a Virgin, WHO IS HIS FATHER? Did Allah cause Jesus to be born or not?

another thing..

IF you guyz say God has a son.. is that means God loves having sons ? If so.. why would he just have only 1 son?!
    We are all His Sons who are born again in Baptism.
    Galatians 4:6
    And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

:confused: just asking..
    Here is something that should confuse you. To whom does Allah pray? Did Muhammed not catch Allah praying one day? To whom does Allah pray?

Also, if you believe that the Bible is the Word of God, why do you not believe it? Or if you claim that we have a corrupt Bible, how do you know, where is the original uncorrupt Bible?

And finally, if you claimed you saw an angel today, would anyone believe you? Yet you believe Muhammed though he had no other witnesses to the most fantastic story which requires fantastic evidence. But he provided NONE.

thank you all...
    Thank you for stopping by. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:26 PM
    De Maria
    Well said,
    Well done.
    Fred
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 13, 2009, 12:04 AM

Ginally Posted by NICKNAME View Post
    You guyz say jesus was Crucified on the cross ! So why you hold the cross ? And pray to it ? And consider it as a holy item while it`s the a sample of the death of jesus ( as you say )!?

Another thing..

Just asking..

Excellent Question
    I was raised christian and I don't really like to see the cross. It's supposed to represent what Christ did for us but I see it as an instrument of torture. IF the story of Jesus on the cross is true, and Jesus just HAD to die for us, I think his torture and death was "overkill" pardon the pun. Many people wear a cross around their neck. I recently heard someone say that they equated it with a little electric chair. on a chain. In it"s day, it was the standard method of execution.

Notice I said that I raised Christian. I'm not so crazy about it these days. Too many zealots out there preaching, and judging, and condemning. Too much hypocrisy in the church too. Also, all the money put into "fancy" church structures rubs me the wrong way. I have a wonderful relationship with my God and I believe living in a manor that is pleasing him is the most important thing.

So far. I have not found a religion that I truly identify with. I wish you success on your journey.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 12:52 AM
    cozyk
    Thanks for the post and sharing your beliefs.
    I hope and pray that you find the worship of God and Jesus that you are looking for.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Jan 14, 2009, 12:04 AM

Thank`s to everyone posted here I appreciate that. . And special thanks to mr.Fred ( arcura)

I`ll read the posts carefully today,

Best Regards,
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    ginally Posted by NICKNAME View Post
    you guyz say jesus was Crucified on the cross ! so why you hold the cross ? and pray to it ? and consider it as a holy item while it`s the a sample of the death of jesus ( as you say ) !????

another thing ..

IF you guyz say God has a son .. is that means God loves having sons ? if so .. why would he just have only 1 son ??!!!

just asking ..

Excellent Question
    I was raised christian and I don't really like to see the cross. It's supposed to represent what Christ did for us but I see it as an instrument of torture.That is a personal thing. My wife believes it a symbol of her faith. I personally am neutral on the subject IF the story of Jesus on the cross is true, and Jesus just HAD to die for us, I think his torture and death was "overkill" pardon the pun. Not in the roman society of the time. In later years many died for the faith in far worse ways. How would you have liked to have been tied to a stake, covered in pitch and set on fire? Many people wear a cross around their neck. I recently heard someone say that they equated it with a little electric chair. on a chain. In it"s day, it was the standard method of execution. Please remember that the Romans were some of the cruelest people the world has ever known. Their forms of execution reflect the mentality of Rome in that day.

Notice I said that I raised Christian. I'm not so crazy about it these days. Too many zealots out there preaching, and judging, and condemning. Many people believe that the end of the age is very near and they do not want you left behind. Too much hypocrisy in the church too. What better place for sinners and hypocrites than in the house of God where they can hear and understand what God wants in their lives? Also, all the money put into "fancy" church structures rubs me the wrong wayWon't argue that with you. Was hurt for way too many years be a preacher who got greedy. But that does not have to happen.. I have a wonderful relationship with my God and I believe living in a manor that is pleasing him is the most important thing.

So far. I have not found a religion that I truly identify with. I wish you success on your journey.
    :o
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Thank`s to everyone posted here i appreciate that. . and special thx to mr.Fred ( arcura)

i`ll read the posts carefully today ,,

best Regards ,,
    NICKNAME:

I don't know your true name, so please let me offer one special thought that was written in scripture.

Historically what we were named, was what we would bear on earth in pride or shame. In scripture (1 Chronicles 4:10) a mother named her son Jazeb which meant "the sorrow of his mothers pain"

What Jabez did, even when the name would be his idenity, and it would represent shame given to him by his birth as man on earth. He said a prayer to God, and that prayer of request was granted.

The prayer was this: Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep [me] from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Scripture says that Jabez became more honourable than his brethren even though his mother named him pain of her sorrow. Jabez requested that God would take charge over the earthly representation of his name and give him all that God created him to be. And Jabez requested that God's hand would be with him, and protect him from evil. That it be God's willing hand that remained near him.

The power of prayer is shown to be a huge strength to us on earth no matter what life on earth does place upon us to carry. And allowing the will of God to strengthen and preserve us all the days of our life. ~Christ said, ask anything in my name and it will be granted.

Think of the Name God gave to Christ, His begotten Son... .

JESUS = Jehovah is salvation

I accept Christ as the loving heart of God known as God's grace. And I accept Christ as the right hand of God in strength and power. That is Christianity... The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Emmanuel = "God with us"
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2009, 05:09 PM
    NICKNAME,
    Thank you much.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About christianity [ 1 Answers ]

Does the holy grail really exists? How far it is true... if yes means what does it specify..

Why Christianity? [ 45 Answers ]

As a counterpoint to Veritas "Why not Christianity?" I'd like to ask all believers why they believe what they believe? That includes Atheists. Why do you believe what you believe?

Christianity [ 19 Answers ]

How has Christianity, a faith based on the teachings of one text (the Bible), divided into so many denominations?

Re. Christianity [ 3 Answers ]

What is the effect of occultism and blood shedding to christianity? What are the manisfestation of these to the family nowaday? And how will you cut this cycle?:)

View more questions Search