Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 12:39 AM
    Gasping for air
    I'm concerned my 2 year old was fine all day today a happy baby... he just woke up gasping for air and hoarse what does that mean... he's sleeping again but I'm concerned
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jan 11, 2009, 04:39 AM
    Dear stephmed25

First thing to do is phone or see your physician about that.
    Most probably there is nothing to worry (you do not describe anything that seems to require you to jump in a car and race to the nearest hospitals emergency ward).

It can just as well be something like croup. My oldest had that for years, and croup sounds like you better contact the undertaker today instead of tomorrow, but it is harmless.

Best thing to do : contact your physician , just to make sure. He/she will tell you what to do !

:)

stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Croup... it only happened at 2am and he's not even coughing now or anything ad this is the second time it happened the first time I didn't think much of it I thought he had a bad dream but this time it really scared me... he even said he could not breath
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 09:04 AM

Waking up gasping for air could be a sign of sleep apnea.

Asthma symptoms are typically worse at night.

Just $0.02 worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excess Phlegm and Gasping [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 15+. He has starting what sounds like licking, but seems to be actually dealing with excess phlegm. When he drinks water, it seems like after several licks, he gasps, and then continues licking water. I haven't taken him to vet yet as it's very difficult because of his arthritis. Is...

Sabina is gasping, having short sharp breaths! [ 7 Answers ]

Sabina is now about 15 weeks, and she just recently recovered from kennel cough (except she still has a little runny nose) and now every now and then, maybe three times a day, she has short, fits that last for about thirty seconds or less where she sounds like she's gasping for breath, but instead...

View more questions Search