Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 10, 2009, 11:14 PM
    Pet has sevier itching, need alternative.
    My friend has a dog, small kind of scruffy like hair, and it's always itching. I guess it has some painfully anneoying allergies to just about everything, I some times jokingly say he's allergic to life. Haha.

He is a good dog, fun, and funny, cute and cudly. I just wanted to know if any one here knew where to find answers if not have one for me. There isn't any thing for pet questions here, strange?

Any help is much appricitated.

Thanks.
    lili519 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2009, 11:57 PM

Fish oil can help, they sell creams for dogs to put on it. Also changing diet to see if it's the food may help
    susananne Posts: 94, Reputation: 6

Jan 13, 2009, 12:09 PM

Could be mange... or hot spots... a vet needs to see him... Tea Tree Oil is a good option for skin irritation..
    Liasdaughter Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 14, 2009, 08:53 PM
    It could be several reasons, for example:

- flea allergy.
    If your dog developed flea allergy, only ONE flea could cause it to flare up, again.

- allergy to some plants
    In either your garden, or any places (parks, roadside... etc) where the dog can come into contact with.

- shampoo you use
    Dogs are sensitive to anything that can change the oil conditions of their skin. That is why dogs have different shampoo from humans, human shampoo can strip their natural oil much easier.

- allergy to some food,
    Have you noticed the itching lessens or increases after some different foods? If the itching is long standing and you feed your dog the very same food, you might want to try changing the food, and see what happens.

- allergy to chemicals you use in the house (or outside)
    Carpet cleaners could be a good example, or what you use to wash/clean the dog's bedding.

These are a just few possible reasons I can think of. But, your vet, seeing the dog, should be able to find a reason, and hopefully, a remedy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy itching [ 3 Answers ]

We just got a new bulldog and she is itching like crazy. :confused: Could it be the food? She has had it before. She doesn't seem to have flees, loves to go in the wood chips in the garden. Doesn't have red ears so I don't think it is ear mites. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Under itching [ 1 Answers ]

HI this is cheery 21years female not married it was observed that from last 3 months I have under itching & I feel a lot of under irritation can u guide me to overcome from that problem

Itching Penis [ 3 Answers ]

I sometimes get an itching feeling inside my penis. No burning sensation when urinating or anything. Just that itch from time to time. It has been there for about 2 weeks now...

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me why I keep itching all over from my head to my toes I have not used are eaten anything different but my head and hands legs feel as though they are on fire but no rash just go red thank you:mad:

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

When I shave my vagina... it starts icthing... do you know what I can use to shave myself

View more questions Search