Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc View Post
    lol, okay alby.

I'm about ready to watch the Simpsons...it started half an hour ago but I was answering posts, lol. Good ol DVR.

And my sister still hasn't called back! Aargh. Shes supposed to help me pick up and tow my broken car today, it's been sitting at the repair shop. 8:30 PM...Im thinking its time to call in reinforcements.
    Ooo unfortunate, well at least its only broken down and not worse, but yea it seems your sisters let you down doesn't it, it may be time for plan B

And stringer I see your pushing it lol, but I will be forced to fly over and come to your house and... well ill be good my friend mr shovel might have something to say, :D (only joking :))
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    ooo unfortunate, well at least its only broken down and not worse, but yea it seems your sisters let you down doesnt it, it may be time for plan B

and stringer i see your pushing it lol, but i will be forced to fly over and and come to your house and ........ well ill be good my friend mr shovel might have something to say, :D
    But... but... but... I didn't manage to say anything... "my lips were sealed."

~~~~"loose lips...sink ships."~~~~~~~~~~ I get it! Hee hee.:D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 06:40 PM

I got to go kids, supper time. :)

Later gators.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    But...but...but.....I didn't manage to say anything...."my lips were sealed."

~~~~"loose lips...sink ships."~~~~~~~~~~ I get it! hee hee.:D
    Lol, I'm so envyous of you though because I know you've got it right there, recorded and I read somewhere that it was a really good season started, but that's when I closed the page I need my mind to keep lost mysterious :)
    Later alty
    Actually so do I, I need to be up early today (yes its Monday morning for me lol) so I need to get some sleep, g'night all :)
    Business Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I gotta go kids, supper time. :)

Later gators.
    Hey! You haven't been here for an hour, you just came back to say goodbye?
    Business Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    lol, im so envyous of you though because i know youve got it right there, recorded and i read somewhere that it was a really good season started, but thats when i closed the page i need my mind to keep lost mysterious :)
    later alty
    actually so do i, i need to be up early today (yes its monday morning for me lol) so i need to get some sleep, g'night all :)
    Good night my friend... don't get "LOST" in your dreams... hee hee (Later Bud):)
    Business Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 06:49 PM

Later gators.
    Ok, thanks hon.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 07:01 PM

Later gators.
    What I'd tell you about calling it supper?

We haven't used that term since Jesus's time... and you know what happened when they called it supper...
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jan 25, 2009, 07:01 PM

Dinner, then?
    Business Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    what I'd tell you about calling it supper?

We haven't used that term since Jesus's time...and you know what happened when they called it supper...
    Kind of the last one? (I'll play the straight guy in this routine... K?)
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 08:58 PM

Dinner, okay, you guys happy now? Dinner, dinner, dinner.

You Americans have a weird language. ;)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 25, 2009, 09:16 PM

Anybody here? Yooohoooo!
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 09:16 PM

Present and accounted for.

Wiggy's getting me beer. It's been that kind of evening. :(

Do you like my new sig?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 25, 2009, 09:20 PM

I've had several beer! What an awful day I had today! I'm still crying. I had to do something that I've always hated to do ever since I became a floral designer. I'll be right back.
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 09:23 PM

Funeral arrangement Starby? Is that it?

Do you want to talk about it? You know how to reach me. :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 25, 2009, 09:34 PM

I'll call in a minute. I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to call back. Yeah, you could say that. My friends dog died. :( It was so horrible. They were out skidooing, and she got hit by a skidoo! Everyone is so upset. Maxie was 10 yrs old and went everywhere with my friend. They tried to rush Maxie into town to the vet, but it was too late. Some friends built a big wooden box, and they called me and asked if I could make up an arrangement to lay on the box. Thankfully, I still have a ton of artificial flowers and things here, so I sat all day crying and making it for them. :(
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 09:39 PM

Oh God, I'm so sorry Starby. Darnit, what's with today, this is the third dog death today, I'm going to go give Indy a big hug, make sure he's okay.

Don't cry, you know that won't help. Instead, think of the good times he had, the fun your friends had with him and the fact that he died having fun with his family. I know it's a small comfort, but he's in a better place now.

Darnit, those words sound so hollow, but they're true.

Big hug Starby, tell your friends I'm so very sorry to hear of their loss, they're in my prayers.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 26, 2009, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    I'll call in a minute. I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to call back. Yeah, you could say that. My friends dog died. :( It was so horrible. They were out skidooing, and she got hit by a skidoo! Everyone is so upset. Maxie was 10 yrs old and went everywhere with my friend. They tried to rush Maxie into town to the vet, but it was too late. Some friends built a big wooden box, and they called me and asked if I could make up an arrangement to lay on the box. Thankfully, I still have a ton of artificial flowers and things here, so I sat all day crying and making it for them. :(

Hi folks. Just stopped by and see that my starby is sad. Honey, I'm sure your arrangement was beautiful. It is easier to have a pet go of old age, but to see them injured and die from that can really hurt because we don't want our loving pets to suffer. As Alty said, no more pain now - so please console yourself with that - easier said than done, I know, but we have to keep going somehow.

So, all of us with pets, let's give our loved ones extra strokes and hugs and treats to thank them for the joy they bring us...

You folks are hard to keep up with here, for me it's like being in a room with 20 people and trying to catch the crux of many interesting conversations - I'm a bit too old for that, so forgive me if I miss out on a few bits of interest.

I did notice that Alty and Stringer are being nice to each other - boy, I've got to put that on my calendar and hope it keeps up. Nothing makes a mom happier than to see her kids getting along.

Got to go, my companion is coming today and I've a few plans to make this week. Thank you all again, for that wonderful surprise thread.

Love and Hugs,

Keep the memories - nobody can take those away, no matter what.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 26, 2009, 02:51 AM

Thank you Cher! It was a hard day. I felt so bad for my friend, and the way it happened. I tried to remind him of all of the great time he had with her, but it was still a little fresh in his memory, and he was still in shock. I'm glad all of his friends that were with him helped out so much, and did everything they could do to try and make it a bit easier.

I hope you are feeling a little better today Momma, and that your caregiver gives you some extra help today! Mmmmwwwwwaaaa!

Niki sends you and Larry, puppy kisses!

ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 04:21 AM

... it is now 620am.

I woke up to my smoke detector going off at 520am...

I looked around to see if there was a fire... none.

I then realized that not only my apartment's fire alarm was going off, but the entire building. Everyone was outside. Fire department was here, etc.

... it's been an entire hour of the screeching beeps, flashing lights, etc.

... when... will... this... end?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Haunted Castle [ 1501 Answers ]

Welcome to the Haunted Castle, Enter with care! There are ghosts in the hallways, And fright in the air. The ghosts have no shadows, No footprints appear. There are vampires and warewolves,

The Castle, again, yup, again. [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay kids, it's time to move back into the castle. We've made a few more changes. We now have a pool with a swim up bar, and of course the waiters, hi boys. ;) The piranahs didn't make it but the alligators are doing well, watch out though, they're hungry. I've purchased a few guard...

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

Name of the castle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the castle near Fussan , Germany. I do not know how to spell it . You pronounce it as Newshwainstain. Wanted some pictures. Can anyone help ?

View more questions Search