Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bray58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Glacier Bay Faucet
    I have a two year old Glacier Bay kitchen faucet with pull out spray head. Recently the faucet is very difficult to pivot, so much so that the base plate on the sink twists when you try. I uninstalled, cleaned, lubricated and re-installed the faucet and it is still the same. My trip to Home Depot was only partially helpful, as they remembered this problem occurring before, but not the solution. Any ideas or shared experiences?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 03:10 PM

What did you exactly lubricate and what was un install?
    Did you actually take out the valve and grease that and how did the valve rings look?

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 04:02 PM

Is the part that normally would be the spout, the part that you pull out for the spray? If so you need to take apart the part that moves from side to side and clean everything that you can see that might be corroded. I am not sure if this faucet has O-rings or not but it would not hurt to put some grease on all of the parts that rub together. After you get it all loose you will need to get under the sink and tighten the nut that holds the faucet down to the sink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier Bay [ 16 Answers ]

What is the toll free phone number for glacier bay faucets?

Glacier Bay Faucet [ 6 Answers ]

We have a Glacier Bay Faucet installed in our kitchen in 2005. The neck swivel is very stiff. Is this normal, or should it swivel easily. Is this intended to be lubricated, and if so, how is this done? Thanks!

Glacier Bay faucet with still swivel [ 2 Answers ]

I also have a Glacier Bay faucet with a very stiff swivel. I do not have the product number but it is a single handle unit with a soap dispenser installed in 2006. Is this fixable with a replacement part?

View more questions Search