Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 12:09 PM
    CA Internet Security Suite Trial Version Uninstal Failure
    When I try to uninstall the last part of the internet security suite it has error #9030 and it doesn't show up on the support on there site. And when I try to update it has a product update fail so it doesn't update and when I tried to use the force uninstall my firewall detected a trojan downloader inside it so I can't use it. What can I do? It won't remove the files from the folder either because it is being used but its just a trial that expired.

Please Help
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 01:00 PM

Couple things to try

Try to uninstall in safe mode

Make sure all processes of CA are stopped
    -right click on taskbar and click task mgr and look for any CA software running and end process
    Es

Browse to the folder-ie: C:\Program Files\CA (anti-virus) and open the folder. Open it and look for an 'uninstaller.exe' file- double click it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 10:32 PM

Restart PC and when it starts to restart, tap the F8 key and then a startup menu will come up - use arrows and go down to safe moed and hit enter

When it gets into safe mode, Make sure all processes of CA are stopped
    -right click on taskbar and click task mgr and look for any CA software running and end processes

And then go to control panel as usual and add remove programs and try to uninstall from there now that you are in safe mode

Jan 10, 2009, 10:58 PM
    It didn't work

It is missing the whole uninstall thing
    And I can force uninstall I think because my antivirus found a trojan downloader or suspected one and told me I should not do it.

I have heard of programs that actually uninstall programs but that's risky for viruses.

I tried to find the trial I got on the site but I couldn't find the same one and when I looked on them I have to sign up as a job owner and put info I don't want to so it wouldn't work.

It did say something about recovery but I looked and I think it's a program that was uninstalled already and now it won't work
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 11:42 PM

Well, what you can do is

Windows Installer Cleanup
    Download windows installer cleanup, open app and go down list till you see CA Security and hightlight then click remove, this will remove any installer info left behind by programs removed from system.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe

This will remove CA from add remove programs

-Manually delete the CD folder on your hard drive and make sure whole folder is deleted with no CA folder left

Now run this
    ccleaner (Freeware)
    Download CCleaner 2.15.815 - FileHippo.com
    On the right hand side, click download latest version

This will clean your registry of unused keys it find in the registry

From here you should be OK but post back if you try this or would like to see if there are other options

Jan 10, 2009, 11:47 PM
    I downloaded it but it didn't even show up on the list

Now what?
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 12:42 AM

So when you tried to uninstall it originally, apparently the install files were removed but still left with something as you got the error

Delete the folder and then run ccleaner as mentioned above

Jan 11, 2009, 01:04 PM
    It won't let me
    It says cannot delete driverif.dll access is denies. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protect and that the file is currently not in use.

I'm not even using it and it expired on the 10th
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 01:27 PM

OK, download and install unlocker

When this is installed, go to the folder where driverif.dll is at and right click on it and then click Unlocker

-when the unlocker window comes up, click on Unlock All

When that is done, right click on the file again and click Delete
    -the file should be able to delete now and then delete the rest and do same process again if other files say they cannot be deleted

UNLOCKER 1.8.7 BY CEDRICK 'NITCH' COLLOMB

You should just all about set, post back

Jan 11, 2009, 08:02 PM
    OK I have 5 things left on it but it says that ccprovsp.exe could not be deleted even when I unlocked it and it asked if I wanted to request a delete when I reboot
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 10:00 PM

Boot into safe mode

-Make sure all processes of CA are stopped
    -right click on taskbar and click task mgr and look for any CA software running and end process

Look for ccprovsp.exe in processes tab and end process if it is listed

Now try to delete the file now while in safe mode and use unlocker if need be

Give this a try and post back, If this fails, still have 2 things to try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting trial Version Usage Time [ 1 Answers ]

I have developed an Application with Access 2003. I would to give the trial version out but it should automatically go of within 90 days and request for registration. I need help to solve this issue.

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite [ 2 Answers ]

Is ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite any good? http://www.zonealarm.com/store/email/email_handler.jsp And is this ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7?? I need an antiviruse for my computer because I don't have any as yet and I want to buy ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite, please let me know ...

Uninstall eTrust Internet Security Suite [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to uninstall eTrust Internet Security Suite 2006 with Win XP Home uninstall. The anti-virus program seems to have uninstalled, but the other three programs did not. Now, uninstall does not list the suite in the list of installed programs. I tried two other unistall programs, but they don't...

Reinstalling Trial Version Why doesn't Work? [ 1 Answers ]

How To Reinstall Trial Version To Work Again? Help Me .

View more questions Search