Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Automatic Backup of files
    I'm tired of the poor performance and funky interface of Retrospect.

I want to backup My Documents (automatically and nightly) to my external HD.

Looking for good freebie or cheap backup program suggestions.

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Try Backup MY PC from Stomp. I used that with no problems until I switched to Norton Ghost. I only switched because I was using Ghost for cloning so I decided to use just one program.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Thanks, Scott. It sure looks trustworthy, but it's $60. Currently they're selling it as PCBackup v7.3.1.3. What version is yours?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Is free OK with you?

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/col...id,1352,00.asp
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2006, 07:16 AM
    My version is older ;) Haven't a clue, I'm on vacation this week so don't have access to it.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2006, 07:20 AM
    Thanks, NK.

I've tried 2 on that list and was not happy with them... but haven't tried SyncBack yet.

... heading off to give it a test drive.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Rick,

I was browsing a site that I subscribe to and notice this little nugget that gets a big thumbs-up by the guy who reviews freeware/shareware:

http://www.backupanswers.com/freewinbackup/
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Thanks, NK, but I installed SyncBack a week ago and just and love it. It's free, easy to set up, and works wonderfully. The old freebie I was using often locked up and/or gave error messages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backup files [ 1 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home on my Dell and I need to back up some files to CD. It has been so long since I've done it I can't remember how! Where is the back up program that allows you to pick which ones you want to send to CD? Thanks:confused:

Automatic to Manual [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possiable to change my automatic 93 honda civic, which is automatic to a manual? And if so is it really hard to do so?

Automatic typing [ 13 Answers ]

When I am typing a message, something/someone types in on my message. It's like a ghost typing! How can I get this to stop. Thanks

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search