Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lili519 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Tone up without losing weight
    I'm 5'1 and 115 lbs. I used to weight 90 lbs. I finally gained back the weight I lost, I'm very happy with my weight but lost the definition I had. I have a fast metabolisim so if I work out too much I lose the weight. I just want to tone up again is there anyway to do exercises that keep they weight on just look fit. Plus I have a bad back to I can't do any heavy lifting so weight lifting is out for now.
    Eelarch Posts: 116, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2009, 09:49 AM

This is what I do every night and it just makes me look better

2 sets of

100 sit ups
    30 press ups
    50 arm curls with elbow out a bit to utilise shoulder muscle
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2009, 09:52 AM

For toning up, circuit machines (weight machines) work well.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 01:53 PM

You can use free weights without too much stress on your back. Simple curls while sitting, squats with weights held at your sides, etc.. For toning you don't need anything heavy.

You can tone without the use of weights as well... simply use your own body... walk while periodically tightening your stomach muscles and relaxing them, squats, tricep dips using a sturdy chair, desk, or table, etc..
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 01:59 PM
    How old are you? Male or female?
    lili519 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2009, 11:03 PM
    25 female
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 09:31 PM

How about just walking, biking, stationary bike, exercise bands... swimming, they have a lot of low impact exercise that you can do, 15-30 minutes of any movement that works musles in general will help tone you, depends on what your wanting to tone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I tone up without losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to tone up without losing weight? I'm 5'4 150lbs and very happy with my weight but I really need to tone up and get ride of my belly so I recently join a gym but I Don't want to lose any weight. Is that impossible?

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Losing weight [ 11 Answers ]

Hey fellow cheerleaders!! I'm a cheerleader at my school now and I plan on continuing when I go to college. The problem is, I have a weight issue. I know that I shouldn't completely stress out about it but the college that I plan on going to is very competitive. In my opinion, nobody has really...

Losing weight [ 2 Answers ]

In school, my health teacher is talking about us losing weight and healthfully and my mom was skinnier than me when she was my age I'm in 7th grd and my mom was 80-90 lbs and I'm different I'm 110-112lbs and I'm average but I'm skinny a lot of people say I'm skinny I'm always on the computer,...

View more questions Search