Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherri68 Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2009, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    The problem I see is, lets pretend for a minute that you actually get married and live a long happy life together. OK, now you are nearing 70 and want to retire. She is only 57 and has another 13 years until she can retire. What are you going to do. Leave her at home working and go on your own? How about when she hits 70 and wants to do some traveling now, but wait a minute you are now 83 and really hurting and not interested in traveling. What happens then. She leaves you?
    Age differences are not that big of a deal after 25 or so, but you really need to think this through completely.

What! Hmmm I don't get this one... I"m bored I'm sitting up here responding to all these hmmm you talking about people who are both old... 57 is not some spring chicken... and 70 and he's 83... I don't think these are issues... look at Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon... 13 year age gap... 50 and 63.. and he looks more tired than her... hence personalities and health and state of mind though I must say they've been together since 1988 and they look happy... very. Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn... and this is sad to say exception to the rule... Michael Douglas and Zeta Jones.. hmm okay that one I don't understand but you get the point..
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 10, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri68 View Post
    what! hmmm I don't get this one...I"m bored I'm sitting up here responding to all these hmmm you talking about people who are both old ....57 is not some spring chicken....and 70 and he's 83...I don't think these are issues....look at Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon...13 year age gap....50 and 63..and he looks more tired than her...hence personalities and health and state of mind though I must say they've been together since 1988 and they look happy....very. Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn....and this is sad to say exception to the rule.....Michael Douglas and Zeta Jones..hmm okay that one I don't understand but you get the point..
    If you don't understand what 450Donn was trying to get across, perhaps you should read it again when you aren't bored, and can actually grasp it.

Feb 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    If you don't understand what 450Donn was trying to get across, perhaps you should read it again when you aren't bored, and can actually grasp it.
    I said I didn't get it... I didn't insult him. Exercise some humor please. I think I'm mature enough to grasp things quite efficiently and Fact is, when you are past 50, 60 is next door and the ladder climbs.. the real age gap maturity...
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 11, 2009, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri68 View Post
    I said I didn't get it ....I didn't insult him. Exercise some humor please. I think I'm mature enough to grasp things quite efficiently and Fact is, when you are past 50, 60 is next door and the ladder climbs..the real age gap maturity...
    My sense of humour is in check--and I'm not trying to insult you! But it was your response that I did not understand. I understood 450Donns perfectly well. I was just trying to look for the point in your response, and I don't know how Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones figure into this situation. This isn't Hollywood, this is the real world. Once again, not intending to insult, but trying to figure out the pertinent information in the reply, in regard to the ages stated in the OP's original question.

Feb 11, 2009, 09:08 PM

No offense taken - people in Hollywood are real people too... living real lives. They are just more equipped to enjoy it.. hehe My take simply is, it depends on maturity and yes, where we are in life... a 23 year old is less likely to have anything in common with a 38 year old a 50 year is more likely to have more in common with let's say a 63 year old... energy plays a huge part too.. I think people waste a lot of time with people they have little in common with and do not share the same level of energy and I don't mean stamina... energy. So anyway sorry if you took offense.. none meant towards anyone. I have been dating a younger man for two years and it's was challenging at first... I actually got sucked into the it's okay for the man but not the woman... and I had to let that go I mean pretty much say f... k it... this is my life he' s grown I'm grown and we are the greatest of lovers and we are best friends... and I'm glad I met him.. he's taught me a lot and vice versus... you know it can work... I think no matter what the age is... maybe if we accept that we are always at risk to lose love we can embrace it and enjoy it while it's there cause everything has an end.. no matter what the circumstances are...
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by udayp View Post
    a girl i love is 13 years younger then me. but i love her a lot she is 23 im 36 now. would age matters

I don't think the numbers have anything to do with it personally. 13 years is not a stretch.

If my daughter was mature enough at 23 to date a 36 year old, I would not hesitate to welcome him into my home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage - 10 year age difference [ 8 Answers ]

I am 43 female Christian from USA. He is 33 male Muslim from India. Should we marry. I am concerned about the age and faith difference.

Marriage age difference [ 1 Answers ]

If a foreigner married to an american woman with 10 years or more age difference, is there any immigration issues in getting him here to US on a permanent residence?

Age difference in marriage and drinking [ 3 Answers ]

If my husband is 38 Years old and I am 18 years old,Am I legally allowed to drink with my husband at the bar even though the legal age is 21?

Age difference in marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I am aged 27 and am in love with a girl who is younger to me by 8 years. We have been committed to marry each other and our parents too know about it and have approved our relationship. Recently, she confessed that I treat her on par with my age and our age difference is too much...

9yr age difference marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Am 21yr old man and my love is 29year old.We love each other very much and of course our love is true.We r very much understanding.We can't be separated! And so we have decided of getting married in next month.But no one knows about our relationship.I am from South India and she is from North...

View more questions Search