Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassiedale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Tub drain clogged
    Muddy water is flowing into my tub - I plunged the tub and the muddy water drained out but as soon as I start running the water, tub clogs up with water (not mud) Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks.
    Cassie
    cassiedale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Leak at bottom of toilet
    The base of my toilet leaks. I had the flax? Flange? Something "ring" replaced in it and it still leaks. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Cassie
    stephen19690_2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Well I had the same problem about 2 years ago I changed the wax seal 3 times and still leaked so I took the bowl off the floor and found a small crack I had no choice to buy a new bowl or could be the bottom of the bowl is dirty and not making a good bond to the wax seal
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Let find out exactly where the moisture's coming from. Flush the toilket, wait a few minutes until the tank fills and takd a square of TP and swipe it down the back of the tank and bowl. If it comes back showing moisture let me know. Can you see water leaving the base w3hen you flush? Was it a plumber that replaced the wax seal? Feel the supply. Any moisture there? Let me know. Regards, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiedale View Post
    muddy water is flowing into my tub - i plunged the tub and the muddy water drained out but as soon as i start running the water, tub clogs up with water (not mud) Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks.
    Cassie
    Hi Cassie,
    I just read your other post and think the two might be connected. If water form the blockage backed up past the wax seal it would leak ou from the base. Let's clear the tub and go from there. Snake the tub from the tub waste,(see image). Unscrew and remove the overflow plate,(The one with the drain lever) and pull out the tub stopper. You now have a clear shot at the trap. The way you were going in through the drain it ran you square into a tee that you can't get around. Now feed the cable( 1/4" best or 3/3" with a small tip. You can rent a Ridgid K50 sink cable.) About 2' down you will run into the bend of the trap. Crank and push at the same time to work around it. Your blockage will be found in the lateral pipe going to the stack. You shouldn't have to put out more then 10 or 12 feet. I have found tub and shower clogs to be mostly hair and the worm should auger into it and pull it back. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clogged Drain? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Central AC unit in my garage. I noticed water seeping behing the door. I found that there was almost an 1" of water in the AC compartment. I removed the cap to the drain and water came pouring out. Do I have a "clogged drain pipe". Here in FL, the AC runs 24/7 for months. I don't...

Clogged drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have an exterior cement patio off my walk out basement. It also happens to be directly under my wooden deck which is off my first story living room. The cement patio does have a drain but it appears to be either too small or clogged. How can I make the drain more efficient so that I don't have...

Copper sink drain too slow, not clogged which type drain is best [ 2 Answers ]

We just refinished bathroom with double vanity copper sinks. They have a flat grid drain in the bottom, not vented. Is there a different drain that would allow the water to drain easier? We have to swirl water or stir water to get it to begin draining, like there is a suction...

Bathroom Sink - Clogged Drain/AC Drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a bathroom on the second floor that we never use. Two days ago we noticed that water was leaking out from under the carpet and the bathroom sink was filled with water and not draining. The AC condensation drain runs down this drain right above the trap. We took the trap off and snaked the...

Clogged Drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I Have A Window Well Drain With A 4" Corrugated Pipe That Is Clogged. Three Days Ago It Filled About Half Full With Water, And Started To Come Through The Window Into The Basement. I Used A Wet/dry Vac Until It Stopped Raining. Along With The Water I Also Sucked Out A Lot Of Mud And Sediment...

View more questions Search