Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcarreon90270 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 10:17 PM
    Troble starting my civic
    I own a 97civic DX 5 speed with 116000 miles I have trouble starting my car some times a lot of the times I have to give it gas so it can start, some times when I turn it on and rev it up it seems like the fuel gets stuck or its running on three cylinder but after a couple of seconds it sounds fine and it run normal I checked the fuel pump and changed my spark plugs but still the same.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jul 24, 2006, 10:40 PM
    Make sure all your spark plug cables are connected properly. Try to "push" them in some more on both ends.

You might also get a new rotor and distributor cap, if it's been a while since you did it.

I'd say this is more of a spark problem, than a gas problem.
    mcarreon90270 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2006, 01:47 PM
    I changed the spark plug cables distributer cap and rotor but it still the same I checked the oil and it was brown there is no white smoke out of my exaust

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 civic starting problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my 91 civic hatchback dx suddenly quit while driving--as if it ran out of fuel, and I couldn't get her going again. The usual dash lights work when key turned to position 2 and the fuel pump primes for 2 seconds. The check engine light does not come on. The starter turns the motor over...

Honda-civic-96 trouble starting [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's 96 honda civic with over 100,000 miles would turn over some sluggishly when I tried to crank so I replaced battery and then car would turn over a lot but not crank for several tries and finally it cranked. I drove it down the road and up hills with no problems and pulled in drive way and...

Yet another ('91) Civic having trouble starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a '91 Honda Civic DX and it seems like the battery is being slowly drained of its energy. A few weeks ago I came to this forum and looked at CroCivic91's "FAQ - My Honda Civic Won't Start" thread. I had the classic signs of a bad main relay (16 flashes of the diag light and car dying on hot...

92 honda civic not starting [ 1 Answers ]

The car turns over fine but has no spark or fuel. I have checked the fuel pump, the FI relay, ICM, and replaced the ignition switch. I have looked for broken ground wires in the harness and found none. The car has not been modified (no after market stereo). Bought from original owner. The car...

99 civic troubling starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 99 civic (75k miles) and when I'm out of town the car sits for about a week or sometimes 2 weeks at a time. I live in San Diego. This is the second time that it has happened but when I try to start the car it turns over but it doesn't start. After 3 or 4 tries the car finally starts. Can...

View more questions Search