Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redbyname Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Lost job House going into short sale
    I am 63 years old and I have lost my well paying job and have lots of debts which I am not paying. (I live in Wisconsin)
    I cannot afford my house so it is going into a short sell.
    I have a small amount of money in retirement which may be enough to purchase a forclosed house in cash.
    Is this smart? Should I wait? Can anyone come after the house I pay cash for?

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Hello Red:

Yup. If you have judgments, they can attach your assets, or at least file a lien against them.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict previous owner from short-sale house purchase! [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing a home in Sacramento through a short-sale. The bank has sold us the house but the previous owners have stated that they cannot get out by the closing date. What are my options? Thank you!:(

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of trying to do a short sale and have a offer pending bank approval what is the options if it is not approved and is a short sale terrible on a credit report

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

How long does the owner get to have the house under short sale? Is there a time frame before the lender will take it back and foreclose on the house?

Relocated , Buy house before short sale? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been relocated with his company from California to Oregon. We've had our house up for sale for almost 3 months now reducing the price gradually from 269k to 229k w/out any calls. I've had different options thrown out at me. Some say buy a house in Oregon, before negotiating a short...

View more questions Search