Jan 9, 2009, 07:01 AM
    CPVC cement on PVC
    Can I use CPVC cement on PCV pipe?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 07:25 AM

No. But there is a Universal cement.

All Purpose Cement :: Oatey.com

You still have to use the proper primer.

The AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) prevails on what can and cannot be used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I used pvc cement instead of all purpose cement [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced some old pipes with cpvc and then realized that the cement was not all purpose, just pvc. Will it hold?

CPVC primer and cement [ 11 Answers ]

I just had an inspection completed and was told that my CPVC joints for my water lines inside the house were not to code. I used Oakly primer (purple in color) and Oakly cement that was rated for CPVC and PVC. I was told that the purple primer was not rated for drinking water supply lines and the...

CPVC primer and cement [ 2 Answers ]

I just had an inspection completed and was told that my CPVC joints for my water lines inside the house were not to code. I used Oakly primer (purple in color) and Oakly cement that was rated for CPVC and PVC. I was told that the purple primer was not rated for drinking water supply lines and the...

Cpvc cement [ 6 Answers ]

I recently plumbed my first house using cpvc supply and when I started on the drain lines I realized that I had used pvc cement instead of cpvc cement on all the supply lines. Will the cement I used hold up or am I going to have to take it all out and redo it.

Wrong cement used to join CPVC water pipes. [ 4 Answers ]

A few months ago, in our new addition, I plumbed an upstairs 3/4 bath in CPVC. I used purple primer (designated for PVC and CPVC) and used clear, medium bodied cement designated for PVC to make the joints. I just realized my error. The walls are still open. My question is, do I have to...

View more questions Search