Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Unrealistic Expectations?
    We are serious buyers. We have preapproval for significantly more than we are looking to actually spend, but a lot of flexibility.

We found 2 houses. They are essentially the same house. One is in much better shape than the other. Both are short sales.

We put in an offer on both, offering 10k more for the one in better condition. The one in better condition has 2 other offers on it. Last night the offer on the worse condition one was rejected by the bank saying we'd need to come up 20k.

My questions is this. We really want the nicer one. Is it unrealistic for us to tell our agent that we want to know what it will take to make it happen and actually get an answer? When asked what we should initially offer we got a response of "well, its pretty hard to say." so I had to guess. His response to my offer was "thats might be ok...", said in a non-committal way.

Is my agent just a tool and have no clue? Could a good agent tell me "offer this and its yours" without forcing me to blindly overbid the other people by 20k?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 06:13 AM
    It is real easy offer the full price, no short sale and the house should be yours.

The agent has no idea what the bank will accept on a short sale. We had 3 last year that the bid was only 2000 under the full price ( short only 2K) and the bank would not take any short sale at all.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 06:30 AM

Full price is something like 75K more. That would qualify as overpaying. :)

I am not particularly concerned with what the bank will accept. I just want to be the offer that the bank actually considers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expectations of my 20 year old daughter [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I have a 20 year old daughter who lives with me. She doesn't pay rent or helps out with the bills in the household. When she first got her drivers licence she decided to buy a $20.000 car, then she decided to move in with a friend which didn't go well. So I took her back in....

Unrealistic probation [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father (whom I dislike greatly ) was recently arrested for not paying support. Fifteen years ago he was charged with sexual assult. It was one count for which he did his time. He is on probation now for not paying his support and his probation officer is insisting he take classes for...

Is it my weight? Or are my expectations to high? [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'm 16. I live with my dad and my two older brothers so there's no one to talk to about this so... I go to a very small private school (around 32 high schoolers). I am 5'10" and I weigh 189. I don't really know anyone outside of my school and I have never had a boyfriend or even been asked out...

Relationships - qualities/expectations [ 8 Answers ]

Relationships - Friendships - Colleagues - what qualities do you look for in having any kind of relationship with someone? And what do you expect in return from that relationship?

Unrealistic goal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I weigh 180 lbs and would like to lose 30-40lbs by April 30, 07. My goal weight is 140-150Do you think this is a realistic goal, any suggestion on the best way of accomplishing this goal? I don't have any problems exercising or food restrictions!

View more questions Search