Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goliathjustin Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Losing weight
    Hello, I'm 14, about 5'7. A little overweight. I weigh about 180. I do have a lot of muscle on me, but there is some fat around my face, chest, stomach, thighs, (everywhere) :p I really am not that "fat". But, I am kind of a couch potato and do eat a lot. What are some good meals that I can eat, and some excercises that I could do to burn off this ugly fat :p
    I want to be able to see my abs, which I can feel :p that I know are underneath! I would just like to loose some weight, maybe be about 140. I don't feel comfortable at 180. I'm the "fat kid" at school, I have gotten used to it, but I'd rather not be the fat kid. Suggestions on meals, workouts, any extra words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
    Gothic-Joshy990 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2009, 11:08 PM

I'm 13 and my mom is the same she's a little over weight I know something perfect for u OK start eating nice salads with a liquid Dressing not a creamy one and type in free movies on Google when your alone if your scared to it in front of people type in the search button (Hip Hop Abbs) my mom lost a lot of weight so its perfect for you and don't take a lot of food take enough that will fill you up but won't be a lot
    HAVE FUN

Jan 8, 2009, 11:10 PM
    JUMP ROPE will be perfect for you try to do around 100 jumps on the jump rope a day than relax with some water and then strech

Jan 8, 2009, 11:11 PM

Surprisingly, I don't eat that bad. I have a slow metabolism, but I do partake in the occasional goldfish cracker or two :P

Jan 8, 2009, 11:11 PM
    I do not eat sweets, I do drink pop... which I need to stop. I need to lose this weight though.
    It's ugly :O

Jan 8, 2009, 11:17 PM

But you I feel you for the last week I've been pigging out of sweets and pop I guess because I fear for my mom lol she's gone on a plane to cuba and I'm scared for her I hate planes lmao but you just jump rope a lot be in lots of sports stuff even if your not good you still loose pounds by mom she feels young and she's way more happy and she only lost around 30 or 40 pounds... I'm going to be back to working out too but I'm not over weight but if I keep doing that I will be

Jan 8, 2009, 11:19 PM

I'm lazy, but also doesn't mean I can't do a lot of workouts. I can run pretty fast for a fat boi :P But... I used to be in Tae-kwon-do. So that helped me with stamina. I can do a lot of things skinny people cannot do either. Don't be afraid to push the limits on some of the stuff you tell me peoples :) thanks

Jan 8, 2009, 11:20 PM

I hoped I help you but I think you should try jump rope it's a great work out evey person that works out jump ropes a lot way more than the push ups and sit ups and that
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 05:45 AM

Try to cut way back, if not out completely, the pop. Keep up with the healthy eating... don't deprive yourself of some treat you want once in awhile, just don't go over the top with it.

Get some sort of exercise everyday... start slow if you need to, but the key is to stick with it. Takes a bit of time before it becomes habit and usually after the first few weeks you will find it easier to keep going. Easy to go all out in the beginning and then burn out on it. Find something fun to keep you moving. Anyway to get back into the tae-kwon-do? Any sports at school you might get involved in?

Healthy food and drink choices... only occasional goodies in limited amounts... and daily exercise are things you can keep going with easily for a lifetime. This becomes even more important later on when you are older and your metabolisim will naturally start to slow down... plus the habits you have now, can greatly effect your health later on.
    summertyme Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2009, 05:45 AM

Hello there.

If you feel you don't really need to lose much weight you really don't need to worry about it at all.

It sounds like you just need to trim. The best way is to do something you enjoy (a sport or fitness training) that has a regular program so you fit into it without worrying when and what to do.

Secondly, the eating thing is easy. Just eat healthy foods i.e. vegetables, rice, cereals, chicken, fish, fruits and drink lots of water. But do this as part or your life style change and focus and never go back to eating unhealthy or doing no excersises.

Jan 9, 2009, 05:52 AM

Well, the Tae-Kwon-Do school was very expensive to promote. I might get back into MMA, But... As of now, can't get back in. As I said, I might get into more MMA... but, Not really any school sports right now.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 05:58 AM

Cost can keep some things out of reach, so go for what is free. Walking... running... mix it up. If you have free weights, use those... or just use some cans for now. Get a cheap jump rope, rent some workout videos, whatever will get you moving and keep you moving.

Start today... go for a walk or if the where you live the weather prohibits that, do something as simple as jogging in place, some pushups, etc. while watching TV.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 09:52 PM

The pop has to stop, too much sugar, sugar is simply excess calories, you need to get off the couch and walk, run use a bike but move... at least for 15 minutes, then work your way up to 30 3x a week. The truth is you have to cut out a lot of stuff you love, salty snacks, like chips, fast foods, cakes, cookies, most goodies, for the time being. Snack on fruits, small amounts of nuts or seeds, fruits, veggies, and eat healthy foods, wheat instead of white flour products. Lean meats, like turkey, chicken breast, fish, loin type meats, dairy products, low fat/skim milk, cheese, yogurt Just for a start. CUt out soda, presweetened drinks, anything with excess sugar, fats, salt! No way around it!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 09:52 PM

The pop has to stop, too much sugar, sugar is simply excess calories, you need to get off the couch and walk, run use a bike but move... at least for 15 minutes, then work your way up to 30 3x a week. The truth is you have to cut out a lot of stuff you love, salty snacks, like chips, fast foods, cakes, cookies, most goodies, for the time being. Snack on fruits, small amounts of nuts or seeds, fruits, veggies, and eat healthy foods, wheat instead of white flour products. Lean meats, like turkey, chicken breast, fish, loin type meats, dairy products, low fat/skim milk, cheese, yogurt, Just for a start. Cut out soda, presweetened drinks, anything with excess sugar, fats, salt! No way around it!
    qween bee Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 01:01 AM

Swimminqq is qreatt ! It works out everywhere! Plus its fun! I do it & it worksz qreat. Also eat special k & replace a meal or two w/. A slim fast shake. Lower your soda intake. Water is the best !
    Rolly_Pollie Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2009, 03:33 PM

Oh my goodness. You are 14, and a boy. If you don't grow out of a little chubbiness in the next year, it won't be difficult for you to lose any unwanted weight. The pop should do a lot of it. And for the rest, just go on a walk every day, some crunches, and push ups... old school, I know, but it works! I dropped to my pre-pregnancy weight in a matter of a few months, and then some with that routine...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not losing weight [ 21 Answers ]

I have a problem, I am NOT losing wieght. I have been eating aroudn 1200 calories a day for over two months. I am NOT cheating or forgetting to count anything that goes into my mouth. I have started weight training 3 days a week and I am on my 7th week. I thought I had finally lost 3 pounds to...

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Losing Weight [ 1 Answers ]

Can you lose like 20 lbs and not lose your Breast size?:o

My dog seems to be losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my dog is a lab mixed with chow, he seems to be losing weight but doesn't show any signs of being sick. He's very playful everyday eats well but it seems like his weight has dropped off in the last 3 weeks. I am worried that he's to thin. Can someone please tell me what I can do to help him...

Losing a lot of weight [ 1 Answers ]

I volunteer every day mon-thurs and this lady brought one of those step things and apparently we walk 6.5 miles every day, but still I can't seem to lose weight, what do I need to do, eat salads all the time? Or go to the gym and get a harder work out? Any suggestions?

View more questions Search