Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hemango Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Apply for Visitor visa when H1 not stamped
    Hi,

My status changed from F1 (OPT) to H1B in Oct 2008 And haven't got my visa stamped yet. My wife is on H4. Is it possible for us to make any trips outside US without my visa being stamped? Can we apply for visitor visa?

Thanks in advance.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 11:45 AM

When you changed your status without leaving US, you have status not visa. In this case, you need to submit application to the US consulate in the country where you are going. You will get H-1 stamped in your passport. Without this stamp, you won't be able to return to US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check status of stamped H1B visa [ 1 Answers ]

I got H1B visa processed and stamped via Employer A in Nov 2006 in India. I left Employer A and have joined Employer B. Would like to know, is there a way to check the status of my H1B visa. FYI, I have never travelled using H1B visa. Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Visitor Visa denied [ 1 Answers ]

My parents applied for a visitor visa to attend my brother's graduation. Both sons are here in the US. My dad is employed and had proof of employment, bank accounts, property in kenya and grandchildren and an old mother who stays with them. They were denied the visa because I had applied for the DV...

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

:D Is it best to wait to apply for visa at the port of entry in the country I'm visiting? Or Is it best to apply for visit before I leave? It's so time consuming!

View more questions Search